Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Who's got a Kindle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tball
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 24, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Who's got a Kindle? Reply with quote

Anyone own or tried one? I've got the Kindle iPhone app (free and worth every penny); it's neat to have books available all the time but the iPhone screen is way too small to be an effective reader.

Anyway, I know that IDO and a few other companies have been trying to make this kind of thing work for years...I'm glad something usable is finally on the market and I hope it catches on if it does what it's supposed to do.

Which one of you early-adopters jumped on it already?

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wireless-Reading-Generation/dp/B00154JDAI/ref=dp_ob_title_def

Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of 2 people who own the 1st gen Kindle and love it. Sony has something comparable too if you want to look in to it.
JoeyJojo
Addict
Addict

City: Central Mississippi

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister and grandmother (undoubtedly the most non-tech person in the universe) both own the kindle 2 and love them. Now with the release of the larger DX model, I too and thinking about getting one for myself, although $500 is gonna take a while to scrape out of the couch cushions.... Smile
Criminal
Criminal

City: Riverton

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my wife a kindle 2, and she loves it, carries it everywhere. The only problem is that if you don't have sprint service available, it won't download. It can't roam on any other systems. We live in WY and end up having to dload stuff onto the computer and then transfer the files. Kinda sucks, but still worth having, she reads a ton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: