Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Business Bank Accounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: May 13, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Business Bank Accounts Reply with quote

What banks are you guys using?

I personally like RBC, in all sincerity. They are a very well run bank.

I am considering JP or Wells.

Should I go local or national?

pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: May 13, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Bank of the West and Bank of America. Considering pulling from BoA on a matter of my own principles, though.
brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: May 19, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go mid-size local on everything. They are much easier to deal with than the large national banks and they generally have more money to lend as well as better lending procedures than the small local banks.
imshirazy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old post to bump but I'm a banker and felt like I could share something here.

To be honest, it's not important to look at local vs. national but lending practices. For example, a few banks did "predatory lending" and "sub-prime lending" which assisted in this whole economic mess, while other banks did not. Reports such as Barons will tell you which banks are more secure, but at the same time some of these secure banks (such as people's united) have higher fees.

Credit Unions tend to be better than banks because they are not profit seeking, therefore offer better mortgage rates, less fee rates, etc. But, it's still up to you to shop around. For business accounts there's several things to ask for. Most banks charge a monthly fee for business accounts, and the fee will vary dependent upon transactions done, but can be minimalized by keeping higher balances. Make sure you know all the fees for the accounts first, be sure to ask as well. Bankers are usually hesitant to mention all the fees, but they will tell you all of them if you ask nicely and insist you want to know EVERY fee that could apply to you.

I could go on forever but it's un-needed as of now since it's an old post anyway lol

_bruky
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use multiple banks. Give them some direct competition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: