Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lake shredder

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote

all weekend i was trying to w2w...i landed on top and the other wake but not all the way....it was pissing me off...does it have to do with the rope being tied to low...i dont have a tower or an extended pylon...do i need and extended pylon to clear the wake or am i just not cutting hard enough
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be any number of factors, can you shorten your rope? That is usually the most simplest option to start clearing the wake. It also could very well be your edge and not edging properly (ie progressive edge).
lake shredder

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the rope to the sweet spot in the wake...but i try my bestto progressive edge
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handle on your lead hip? Legs extended at the wake?
lake shredder

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude idk what it is...i tried to remember to do everything u guys say
Prizzy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorten the rope... it makes it sooooooo much easier. just make it so short that you wouldnt even have to try to get this mental block outta your head.
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prizzy wrote:
shorten the rope... it makes it sooooooo much easier. just make it so short that you wouldnt even have to try to get this mental block outta your head.

Assuming that's the problem. It does take the pain and frustration out of learning, but if you aren't afraid of casing the wake in hopes of knowing it will be much nicer to land in the flats, you just have to keep working on it until you get it down. Eventually, you'll feel it when you do it right, and you just build off that.

Prizzy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christobull wrote:
Prizzy wrote:

Assuming that's the problem. It does take the pain and frustration out of learning, but if you aren't afraid of casing the wake in hopes of knowing it will be much nicer to land in the flats, you just have to keep working on it until you get it down. Eventually, you'll feel it when you do it right, and you just build off that.

exactly, but you have most likely thinking about it waaaaaay too much and it is IMO the biggest step in a wakeboarders progression/career and you really need to just get the feeling down and move the line back as yo get comfortable and it would be no probs... have fun and keep trying dude.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you more than 10-15ft outside the wake (just beyond the trough) when you are cutting in? If so my guess is that you don't have a progressive edge. Too often riders ride way outside the wake and think that railing into the wake will get them to clear it. The key is the start at a small distance and really focus on your edging.

Watch the edging on the front flip at 1:53, the 540 at 2:03, the switch roll to revert at 2:24 and the mobe at 2:32 in the video below. If you are out much wider than that and can't clear the wake the it is your edging.

http://www.wakeboardreport.com/archives/2008/02/exclusive_footage_of_a_young_s.html

lake shredder

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prizzy, thanks for all ur help

Christobull, yeahh im not scared and i will keep workin at it

jryoung, i was going as far as i could out, watchin that video made me figure out that im not edging enough, THANK YOU!!

so im tryin to hit it hs, does that mean u should be able to see the whole front of my body...like i should be perfectly straight goin at the wake Question Question

WakeMikey
Addict
Addict

City: Fridley

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are riding up the wake and about to jump you should be pushing your chest out and pulling the handle into your hips. This should give you the extra pop you need. If you are landing with your arms straight you need to pull it in more.
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lake shredder, get some video if you continue to have problems. Best advice I can give you is to try to show the entire bottom of your board to the people in the boat as you hit the bottom of the wake and ride up it. You don't have to go way far out and charge the wake, but instead your hardest edge should be right as you start going up the wake.

Ask the people in the boat if they can CLEARLY see the graphics on the bottom of your board when you cut. If they say, "kind of" or "we can just barely see the color" then you are only edging about half as hard as you need to.

Dig those heels in as hard as you can, and pull your toes toward your head, when you get to the bottom of the wake. This should give you maximum edge and launch your azz further than you've ever been. You'll know when you get some serious pop, because it will feel like you're in the air for about 5 extra seconds.

lake shredder

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakeMikey, never knew that thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: