Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bilge pump on 96 VLX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiley_coyote
Criminal
Criminal

City: Vernal

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Bilge pump on 96 VLX Reply with quote

My sister recently bought a 96 VLX. She didn't do much research on the boat so I am trying to help her out. She told me that the bilge pump wasn't working so I found the bilge output, followed the hose and there is no bilge pump in it. The hose is just hanging there. There are also 3 wires nearby that I am thinking must be the power for the pump. One black, one Brown and a brown with a white stripe. I got a Rule pump but it is only 2 wire. Does anyone know how to wire this up? thanks.
the_dude
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Long Beach

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th 3 wires are for an automatic version. You have a ground wire, key off powered wire, and a switched wire to your bilge pump switch.
wiley_coyote
Criminal
Criminal

City: Vernal

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. So I need an Auto pump and it should have 3 wires right?

Black = gnd.
Brown = probably goes to the switch
Brown/White = should have 12 volts?
the_dude
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Long Beach

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember which wires were which. I changed the bilge pump on my 97 VLX several months ago. It was a rule brand that was carried at my local west marine and was a direct swap for what was already there (no idea if original).

Do you have a test light or multi meter? If you do you can figure out the wiring pretty easy.

You have the right idea on the above. The permanently 12v wire is for the auto feature on the pump and so that it will come on when the boat is moored. Mine quit working a little while ago but the manual override switch still works so I haven't looked into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: