Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

global warming? Snow in Texas!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: global warming? Snow in Texas! Reply with quote

wtf? sunday it was sunny and 72 and i almost went to the lake, today we get a blizzard
i remember growing up it would snow once every decade here.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take that central texas... too bad you couldn't keep that crap up that way. it is supposed to snow here in Katy in a couple of hours. this sucks.
Nooga678
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where a non-scientist will come in and tell you that global warming causes extreme climate changes and doesn't mean that it will be warmer everywhere.

Last edited by Nooga678 on Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because meltwater increasing in the northern atlantic has diluted the salt water just enough to change the temp of the water returning south. Or so they say.

Or maybe this has nothing to do with it and it is el nino or somethign else. Anyway:

Currents involved in "deep-water formation" are particularly important for climate. In winter, surface cooling causes water to become more dense. (While fresh-water that is cooled starts to expand at temperatures below 4 C, salt-water continues to compress all the way down to its freezing point of -2 C.) In areas where evaporation exceeds precipitation, the resulting rise in salinity also increases density. When the surface water becomes denser than the underlying water, "convective overturning" occurs and the dense surface water mixes downwards. In certain places this downward mixing can occasionally extend all the way to the bottom, even in deep oceans. The dense, deep water thus formed spreads out over the whole ocean. As a result, when downward mixing takes place at high latitudes it creates a circulation pattern in which warm water from tropical and subtropical regions moves poleward, surrenders heat to the atmosphere, cools and sinks, and flows back towards the equator. The net result is a transport of heat poleward.

hco
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Danbury

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

global CLIMATE change.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go try that dry suit and see how it works. You could do something very rare. Polar Bear Club type wakeboarding run in February in Texas. Wink

An interesting thing I keep hearing this year is...

(Insert place) hasn't seen this kind of (insert weather phenomenum) since (insert year).

Everytime I hear that I think...

Wait a minute, if we are truly experiencing Climate Change, shouldn't the weather and overall climate in areas be different than they ever have been before?

If a cell went through a cycle of A-B-C-D-A where it returned to its original form in some sort of cycle, what would that be called?

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are lizzards falling out of the trees again?
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
You should go try that dry suit and see how it works. You could do something very rare. Polar Bear Club type wakeboarding run in February in Texas. Wink

An interesting thing I keep hearing this year is...

(Insert place) hasn't seen this kind of (insert weather phenomenum) since (insert year).

Everytime I hear that I think...

Wait a minute, if we are truly experiencing Climate Change, shouldn't the weather and overall climate in areas be different than they ever have been before?

If a cell went through a cycle of A-B-C-D-A where it returned to its original form in some sort of cycle, what would that be called?

lol we tested it in the bath tub sunday. i floated until we got the traped air out Laughing
and dont fart in a dry suit, then have your g/f undo the zipper........ Confused

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHhahahahaha

saw this on the way home and had to stop and snap a pic!

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: League City

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone I know further north keeps telling me about the snow. I almost want it to snow here, but it most likely won't. It will come as far as an hour north of me, then stop. Confused

This winter has been crazy though, WAY more days that were WAY colder than usual.

I'm an hourish south of downtown H-town, by the way.
howabouttheiris
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is global warming, then I need to buy some more aerosol cans.

We, here in Atlantic Canada, have watched storm after storm pound the NE USA and miss us to the south.

I have shovelled my drive 2 times this entire winter (I gave up on hand shovelling last year and spent over $300 on snow removal). 3C/34F here today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: