Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2009 College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad wrote:
I don't see how you can pull Connor after Gilbert

me neither, but like i said, i'm in the minority.

Wakebrad wrote:
I will say after a 4-8 season, we had a pretty solid recruiting class.

like i stated earlier - you better hope your man sherman is good at seeing diamonds among the rough and developing them.

that's funny jv, if you'd have landed him, you'd be crowing about how you pulled him away from texas. by the way, we are all of one week into the recruiting season and are 5-0 head to head against aggy, including the safety out of waco who grew up a die hard ag fan.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, well, we got 3 out of our 5 first O-line offers, the top RB in the state, and some actual speed on defense. The encouraging thing is that Sherman knows his fundamentals and is a football guy, unlike fran. Last year our 2 best defenders were true freshman, Trent Hunter (3*), and Terrance Frederick (2*) who Sherm recruited LATE in the season. Also the emergence of legitimate receivers in Tannehill and Fuller. That is encouraging to me. But we will see.

We ended up with the 3rd ranked class in the Big XII by almost every measure so I guess the rest of the Big XII must be really good at finding rough diamonds. After 4-8, I'll take it.

I'm not totally sold on him yet but I am an optimistic person and I do see some encouraging things. One of the biggest knocks on NFL coaches that drop back to college is they don't adapt to the college game. Sherman has shown he can adapt, running the option out of the wild-cat formation, running the option when McGee went out. Those are not what he wants to run full time but he has shown some adaptability. We also came out with great game-plans against tech and texas. With the lead against tech at half and doing a good job against the texas O in the first half with no depth.

The next 2 years will tell the tale. Should be 7+ wins this year and 9+ the year after, if he is who we need him to be. If not, back to the drawing board. At least I like him as a person, which is better than I can say for the previous regime, who took no blame at all.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, i agree w/ your assessment overall. i think you have 5 kids who can be difference makers and 21 kids for depth that you hope you get some of those diamonds from. it's not like there aren't plenty of big time players who come out of that 3* group - brian robison, nathan vasher and colt mccoy, off the top of my head.

if sherman is going to take a step forward, it needs to be this year, because he's already having issues recruiting for 2010. he's spent the last 6 months going after the top tier talent and isn't landing them - tx just took 5 kids w/ offers from him. he hasn't been courting that 2nd tier where he can go head to head against teams he has a realistic chance of beating. you guys have had two junior days already, and only have one commit to show for it. here's the opinion of an ag who puts it pretty cleanly:

Quote:
Well, therin lies the problem - we've stubbornly gone after the top tier guys for 6 months, while Nebraska, Missouri, TCU, etc. have taken guys that can actually play that we haven't worried about chasing.

We need to get on those guys now, and I'm hopeful this staff gets it a little more than Frannie.

We've got to do a good job of getting on the 2nd tier guys quick, or this is going to be an ugly, ugly recruiting year for those of us that follow Bryan/College Station athletics.

good news is, i think you guys have an excellent schedule to really rack up some wins. you have to go to lubbok and norman, but other than them and tx, you have a great schedule, imo.
JV
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:

that's funny jv, if you'd have landed him, you'd be crowing about how you pulled him away from texas.

Perhaps, but considering I don't follow recruiting--like, at all--I doubt it.

All I know is at 18 I was 6'3" 192 and about a swoll as my frame and body weight could support, and I still looked lanky and scrawny. I can't imagine how frail I would have felt 20 lbs. lighter. Luckily, I was a WR getting hit by 5'5" high school corners; I doubt Big XII linebackers will be as gentle. Colt was a anamoly. People were doubting (and rightfully so) him due to his size the moment he stepped on the field because you just don't see skinny guys succeed often; I doubt lightning will strike twice in the McCoy family for his even smaller brother.

Quote:
by the way, we are all of one week into the recruiting season and are 5-0 head to head against aggy, including the safety out of waco who grew up a die hard ag fan

Not all all shocking. I have no idea how Sherman sells himself to 17 year olds: "er, um, er I coached Brett Favre for a couple years. Pretty cool huh?" I've been saying we need a young, no name with energy (as opposed to another fat old guy) for six years, but that's neither here nor there.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JV wrote:
Colt was a anamoly. People were doubting (and rightfully so) him due to his size the moment he stepped on the field because you just don't see skinny guys succeed often; I doubt lightning will strike twice in the McCoy family for his even smaller brother.

agree 100%. remember though, that case is only 16 and in his junior year. he's still got almost 3 years before he ever even has a chance to step on a d1 field. that's a lot of time to eat and lift. of course, i don't think case ever takes a meaningful snap at texas, so i don't really think it's going to be an issue.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fack, it looks like we just lost our OC after two months barely on the job. Looks like he is a glutton for punishment and our program wasn't enough so he went to go work for Skeletor and the Raider Nation.

Good luck, at least we aren't run by an idiot like Davis.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung, you guys have a black cloud over you right now.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
jryoung, you guys have a black cloud over you right now.

I don't see why, 0-12 last year, 9th in the Pac-10 for recruiting (only 1 for the OL) and then toss in two top 10 programs in the first three weeks this year. But we've got Jake Locker, if it wasn't for Obama he'd be Jesus in the NW. Laughing

Not to mention your other coordinater making twice as much as you might be a bit annoying.

JV
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
JV wrote:
Colt was a anamoly. People were doubting (and rightfully so) him due to his size the moment he stepped on the field because you just don't see skinny guys succeed often; I doubt lightning will strike twice in the McCoy family for his even smaller brother.

agree 100%. remember though, that case is only 16 and in his junior year. he's still got almost 3 years before he ever even has a chance to step on a d1 field. that's a lot of time to eat and lift. of course, i don't think case ever takes a meaningful snap at texas, so i don't really think it's going to be an issue.

Didn't realize he was only 16. He's got time to pork up.

Playing right into our hands though. Stockpiling 3rd stringers who would be stars anywhere else...who so you think is going to have their arms wide open when a couple decide to transfer? Shut up, I know it's wishful thinking, but it's all I got Laughing

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung wrote:
fack, it looks like we just lost our OC after two months barely on the job.
In the month that he was at UW he hadn't signed his contract and he was bouncing back and forth between Seattle and the Bay Area. I dunno what kind of family he's got here, but I'm sure that balancing act would get old real quick. So even if he doesn't stay with the Raiders long, he will get to be with his family. And then he can come back to Cal. Laughing
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least he wasn't like the receiver coach we tried to pull from Utah. His wife eas a coach at utah as well and his tenure lasted about a week after she gave him a "WTF were you thinking" smackdown.
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they mentioned that in a Seattle Times article on Coach M that I just read.

edit: aaaaaaaaand Lane Kiffen is my new favorite football coach. Way to go, buddy! Laughing

Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, yeah, in the last week it's been clear our strategy isn't working out. But you have to try right? You can't just ignore the top kids and assume they'll go elsewhere. We had the ear of quite a few top ones for 2009, and came in second on a lot of them.

I hope he can adjust and still put together a solid class but I don't blame him for swinging at the first pitch rather than waiting for the gimme's.

It's all wait and see time for the next few years.

Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha. Now we know how texas gets all of these early recruits.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap. Texas lands Wood. I have no idea why he would choose Texas over OU with the depth at Texas right now. If both him and Case stay committed they are both crazy. I don't know how Mack is doing it. My guess is with some quality bud.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, here's a quote from case - i think he knows his role.

Quote:
The commitment on Saturday allowed McCoy to enjoy his visit on Sunday and actually start recruiting for the Longhorns. In fact, he spent most of the day with Houston Second Baptist quarterback and Longhorn target, Connor Wood.

“I spent a lot of with Connor and his family on Sunday. Our families are very similar to each other. If Connor commits, we will compete and likely be real good friends. We already talk a lot,” said McCoy.

At the end of the recruiting process for McCoy, the draw to his dream school was too hard to pass up.

“Texas is my dream school. I have been going to games since seventh grade. The opportunity was too great to pass up. I knew as I visited other colleges, that nothing compared to Texas, and I knew I would regret it if I went somewhere else,” McCoy beamed.

http://texas.scout.com/2/838045.html

gotta admit i didn't think we'd go big at qb this year, mostly for those same logjam reasons, but i'll take it. even better that it's another head to head win in recruiting vs, well, everyone. #1 qb in tx.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought this was interesting. how various teams do in wins vs recruiting rankings... bold are simply the ones i find interesting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=519053

Quote:

Sporting News was curious to see what schools do the most with the least -- and which ones can't turn impressive recruiting classes into winning teams. So Matt Hayes crunched the numbers to determine, based on recruiting talent and victories, the biggest overachievers and underachievers in the BCS conferences.

Our Three-Part Grading System:

1. The average ranking of each school's recruiting classes from 2004-08. Based on average Rivals.com rankings, we listed the teams from 1-66, with No. 1 (USC) being the school with the best recruits and No. 66 (Cincinnati) the worst.

2. The total number of wins the past five seasons. Teams were ranked 1-66 from the most total wins (USC) to the fewest (Duke) from 2004-08.

3. The differential. For instance, Cincinnati ranked last in recruiting (66th) and tied for 20th in wins, giving it the best differential of plus-46. USC was first in recruiting and first in wins, so the Trojans finish with a zero in the differential column--indicating they played to their talent level. And poor Ole Miss--it ranked an admirable 22nd in recruiting but 55th in wins, so it landed in the cellar with a differential of minus-33.

Rankings:

Rank--Team--Recruiting rank--Wins rank--Differential

1 Cincinnati 66 2OT +46
Most underrated recruit: CB Mike Mickens, class of 2005. The All-American finished his career with 14 interceptions.

2 West Virginia 44 8T +36
Most underrated recruit: QB Pat White, class of 2004. He was one of the most dynamic players this decade, but Auburn and LSU wanted him to play defensive back or wide receiver.

3 Louisville 49 16 +33
Most underrated recruit: C Eric Wood, class of 2004. A four-year starter and one of the Big East's top linemen, he had no other major offers.

4T Wake Forest 63 32T +31
Most underrated recruit: LB Aaron Curry, class of 2004. Bigger ACC schools gave up on Curry, an All-American who will be the first linebacker taken in the 2009 NFL draft.

4T Wisconsin 42T 11T +31
Most underrated recruit: RB P.J. Hill, class of 2005. Most schools saw him as a fullback, but he rushed for 3,942 yards and 42 touchdowns in three seasons.

6 Boston College 40T 10 +30
Most underrated recruit: B.J. Raji, class of 2004. He developed into the game's best run-stuffing tackle and should go in the top 15 picks of the 2009 draft.

7 Texas Tech 42T 13 +29
Most underrated recruit: DE Brandon Williams, class of 2006. He had 22.5 career sacks and was the Big 12's best pass rusher in 2008.

8 Connecticut 64 36T +28
Most underrated recruit: RB Donald Brown, class of 2005. He was the nation's leading rusher in 2008 and has 3,800 yards and 33 touchdowns in his career.

9T Georgia Tech 50 23T +27
Most underrated recruit: DT Vance Walker, class of 2005. His only other offer was from East Carolina, but he has been the ACC's best interior lineman the past two seasons.

9T Oregon State 47 20T +27
Most underrated recruit: RB Jacquizz Rodgers, class of 2008. If he hadn't been injured late in the season, he would've been the first freshman to lead the Pac-10 in rushing.

11. Rutgers 51 26T +25
12. South Florida 56 32T +24
13. Virginia Tech 24 4 +20
14T. Missouri 35T 17 +18
14T. Northwestern 61 43T +18
16. Kansas 46 30T +16
17. Texas 10 2 +8
18T. Indiana 65 58T +7
18T. Iowa 33 26T +7
18T. Kentucky 55 48T +7
18T. Vanderbilt 62 55T +7
22. Penn State 19 14T +5
23T. Minnesota 52 48T +4
23T. Ohio State 9 5T +4
25T. Iowa State 58 55T +3
25T. Oregon 21 18T +3
27T. California 16T 14T +2
27T. Oklahoma 5 3 +2
27T. Purdue 45 43T +2
27T. Virginia 38 36T +2
31T. Arizona State 27T 26T +1
31T. Auburn 12 11T +1
31T. LSU 6T 5T +1
34. USC 1 1 0
35. Washington State 57 58T -1
36. Baylor 60 62T -2
37. Florida 2 5T -3
38. Georgia 3 8T -5
39. Clemson 20 26T -6
40T. Alabama 11 18T -7
40T. Duke 59 66 -7
42T. Colorado 39 48T -9
42T. Oklahoma State 27T 36T -9
42T. Pitt 31 40T -9
42T. Stanford 53 62T -9
46T. Syracuse 54 64T -10
46T. Tennessee 13 23T -10
48. N.C. State 40T 51T -11
49T. Michigan State 35T 47 -12
49T. Mississippi State 48 60T -12
51. Maryland 25 40T -15
52. Florida State 4 20T -16
53T. Arkansas 26 43T -17
53T. Michigan 6T 23T -17
53T. Nebraska 15 32T -17
53T. UCLA 23 40T -17
57. South Carolina 18 36T -18
58T. Kansas State 30 51T -21
58T. Notre Dame 14 35 -21
60T. Arizona 32 54 -22
60T. Miami 8 30T -22
60T. North Carolina 29 51T -22
63. Illinois 34 60T -26
64T. Texas A&M 16T 43T -27
64T. Washington 37 64T -27
66. Mississippi 22 55 -33
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh

Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh Crazy Eyes Laugh
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, sounds like the collective mind of the entire texag.com message board! HAHA
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dpierce37 wrote:
jt09, sounds like the collective mind of the entire texag.com message board! HAHA

that place is incredible. here is some great stuff about a&m v cal after the best nt in the state, and the last available dt in the top 100 (there is one left, but he is ad's cousin and is going to ou), committed to cal over aggy.

Quote:
Reasons to go to Cal over Texas A&M-
Your a hippie.
Your gay.
Your a gay hippie.
Your into paying too much for weed.
You have lost a bet.
You want to play for a coach known for putting busts into the league.

Reasons to go to Texas A&M over Cal-
You want to get in at the beginning stages of building a championship team.
You appreciate a school and team that is about something bigger than yourself.
You want to play for a coaching staff that knows what the NFL wants.
Your smart enough to understand what a good thing is and strive to attain it.

Quote:
IMO, we're playing for a national championship in 2010 or 2011. Coach Sherman has us rolling in the right direction. Seriously folks, the worm is not turning the worm has already turned. We hit bottom last year and will suprise several this year.

Quote:
I don't understand the defeatist attitude around this place. Some of you people need to pack up your skirts and go buy a Baylor Tshirt.

WE ARE TEXAS A&M!

Rationalize all you want about why someone would pick Cal over us. If your from the state of Texas and the decision is between Cal and Texas A&M then there should be no decision unless you like it in the backstop or you are a hippie.

Texas A&M is only about 250x better than Cal in every way.

"We didn't offer" Bullchit. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out the idea that this young man doesn't want to compete against the high caliber athletes that Coach Sherman has brought in and is bringing in for the next several years. Fine, if he doesn't want to compete with the best then we don't want him and I wish him the best of luck.

Coach Sherman >>>> Coach Titford

TexAgs should represent the best of the best in regards to Aggie fans. The crap I see on this board represents either trolls or Cal worthy pansies.
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, just wow....can't say much more then that.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't watched the video. But c'mon, every school has their share of cool-aid drinkers.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know - and yours are concentrated on texags. we've had this discussion before - i don't think most of you guys are like that (although i think jv's probably the closest;)), but there is just something hilarious about completely delusional fans.

btw - that guy has an impressive library out there on youtube. sometimes wearing a sooner hat, sometimes a cowboys hat....all of them nuts. he's also aware that his videos have hit the longhorn "blog" sites Rolling Eyes and he's preparing a retaliation against them to be done after he finishes his homework. swear to god.
Corporate
Addict
Addict

City: The Cats in spanish

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

College station better than Cal? You have to be kidding me. I'm not a Cal fan and didn't go to school there but give me a break, I know a shitehole when I see one and college station qualifies.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, true. I guess I do the same thing toward Baylor fans. Pretty funny reading their forums. I canceled my subscription to the premium service at Texags just recently. I'm sure you're familiar with Billy Liucci. Dude is a fat, insecure, homer douchebag. Of course I can't say any of that on Texags. I just got sick of his reign on the M&W forum. The people over there are more level-headed but generally far too optimistic and Looch leads the pack.

I'll have to check that video some time when I'm not at work. Youtube being blocked is ruining my entire web browsing experience...

Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporate, have you been to college station? I'm a big city guy myself, but I think it's a great college town. Generally good weather, with all of the amenities of a big city, all close together, with a vast majority of college kids.

Definitely can't compete with almost anything in California, including Cal, but it's not a shithole.

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda wondering how long it would take for the fallout/meltdown/etc to surface here given the mix of UT and A&M fans. Laughing Maybe I've missed a thread or two, but I'm kinda bummed at the responses that I've read. Doesn't seem like anyone has half a wit or much of a sense of humor. No offense to anyone here, but sh*t at least someone make the obligatory lighthearted/stupidhumored 'all your Guys are belong to us' joke quoted as if Cal itself said it. Because, you know, everyone at Cal is a homo and stuff.

Anyways, Gameday is gonna be in Berkeley tomorrow for the Cal/fUCLA basketball game and one of the Cal blogs made a few sign suggestions. Thought I'd throw this one up for the rest of the Pac 10 folks...

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much of a fallout/meltdown. it's not like the group of tx/aggy fans on here haven't had our fair share in the past, but i think that got old for all of us a long time ago. i think we might be good for one or two blowups a year, but for the most part, it's more observational digs/acknowledgment.

in that vein, texas just took another dt, so aggy is just getting killed there. mack is up to 19 commitments now. we are 3 weeks into the recruiting season. this is ridiculous.

ahmad dixon - db - 6'1" 194 - #5 player in tx overall, #1 db (s)
taylor bible - dt - 6'3" 280 - #12 in tx, #1 dt
aaron benson - lb - 6'2" 205 - #13 in tx, #3 lb
connor wood - qb - 6'4" 209 - #14 in tx, #1 qb
trey hopkins - ol - 6'4" 260 - #17 in tx, #3 ol
dominic espinoza - ol - 6'3" 282 - #18 in tx, #4 ol
darius terrell - wr - 6'3" 208 - #21 in tx, #4 wr
carrington byndom - db - 6'0" 165 - #23 in tx, #3 db
deaires cotton - dt - 6'4" - #26 in tx, #2 dt
case mccoy -qb - 6'2" 170 - #43 in tx, #5 qb
john harris - wr - 6'2" 187 - #58 in tx, #9 wr
tevin jackson - lb - 6'2" 215 - #65 in tx, #8 lb
adrian philips - ath - 5'11" 190 - #81 in tx, #5 ath (db)
ross apo - wr - 6'3" 190 - #93 in tx, #14 wr
traylon shead - rb - 6'2" 210
bryant jackson - db - 6'3" 175
greg daniels - de - 6'4" 242
chris jones - wr - 6'0" 172
ashton dorsey - dt - 6'3" 275

also, in case you missed it, friday was all texas, all the time on espn's college gameday.

overall preview:

recruiting discussion:

walkthrough w/ mack:

interview w/ colt:

jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't really tapped into the SoCal blue chips yet, but it's nice to see Sark pick up Melvin Davis out of Narbonne. Were up to three commits, already doing better than Ty last year at this point, now if we can just get the second coming of Jake (Heaps).

Melvin Davis
Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 235 lbs
Forty: 4.55 secs
Class: 2010 (High School)

JV
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
i know - and yours are concentrated on texags. we've had this discussion before - i don't think most of you guys are like that (although i think jv's probably the closest;)), but there is just something hilarious about completely delusional fans.

There's a pretty big difference between not giving up on your team/trying to stay optimistic about the program's future and being completely naive and blind to reality like the idiots on texags...and being smart enough to realize if you're going to try and make A&M sound like a far superior university to anwhere you better damn well know the difference between "your" and "you're" Laughing

I gave up on texags as a decent source--or even a cesspool of juvenile humor--5 years ago...why you continue to waste your time on there is way beyond me.

The most "delusional" thing I've ever said about A&M is they should be able to compete with tu on a yearly basis. I know tu will always be on top in recruiting (Austin being closer to home and a more desirable locale for most 18 yr. olds), but there's enough talent in this state for Texas's 2nd most recognizable university to put up a fight every year and come out on top from time to time.

Heck, TT and OU are winning primarily with Texas kids, and you can't tell me Norman and Lubbock are any more desirable than College Station and A&M is certainly the most respected academic institution of the 3. Just need a coach...and not another good ol' boy. Sherman was a safe hire who will keep us above average, but his ceiling is lower than what A&M should strive for.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JV wrote:
why you continue to waste your time on there is way beyond me.

i don't. but when others who do point out some of the gems, w/o me having to do any work, they are a freakin riot!
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress to honor USC.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/03/congress-to-hon.html

Why?

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how freakin stupid is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 2 of 61

Add To Favorites

Jump to: