Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Where are they now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krent

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh, intotheflats just had a stroke
captaincraig

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certified wrote:
To all of our young ones out there...

Yes, the people who are listed are some amazing wakeboarders. That goes without saying. I am all for you admiring them and wanting to ride like them. Do keep in mind that the list posted contains some of the biggest losers out there. I encourage you to find the highest grade level achieved by all of them. I would be shocked if you were to find more then 3 people on that list that graduated from college.

Like I said, look up to them for their riding talents while keeping in mind how big of losers they actually are.

The same applies to those on the tour right now. Respect them for their riding but that is it. They are collectively a group of uneducated losers. Take a look at those who were hurt and could no longer ride professionally and look at what they fell back on. Education surely is not one of them. It's comical to say the least.

and that is a CERTIFIED statement!!!
K-wood Kid
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Jeff Weatherall, I haven't seen/heard from him since '05.
Tim Kovacich?
Horrell?
Matt Sims since Downside Up
Struharik still ridin?
Chris Ramierez?
Billy North?

www.ridecwb.com
justin h.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Katy

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris R is riding. Ran into him at Lake Dunlap a few months ago.

Most all of these guys can still can kill it. Life just catches up with you and wakeboarding is hard to make a living at unless you live in Orlando and have unbelieveable skills.

Also, after reading this thread it brings up one of my favorite topics. The politics of progression--or more clearly, who did what for the sport. Some guys can ride there butt off, get thousands of new people on a board and get no credit. Others can be too cool for school, do one or two videos a year and everyone loves them. Who is pulling the strings on public opinion? Who decides, "That guy is cool and that guy is not." ?

wakedork
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville, Alabama

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Simms is still killing it here in Alabama and riding for Hyperlite's Legion Team. Matt is always down to ride and is killin it behind the boat and on rails too.

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully in
her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and PJ Marks?
Craig-R
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizrd wrote:
...and PJ Marks?

PJ!!!!!!! he posted on here a while back if i remember correctly, i forget what he said he was doing
fish6942
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certified wrote:
To all of our young ones out there...

Yes, the people who are listed are some amazing wakeboarders. That goes without saying. I am all for you admiring them and wanting to ride like them. Do keep in mind that the list posted contains some of the biggest losers out there. I encourage you to find the highest grade level achieved by all of them. I would be shocked if you were to find more then 3 people on that list that graduated from college.

Like I said, look up to them for their riding talents while keeping in mind how big of losers they actually are.

The same applies to those on the tour right now. Respect them for their riding but that is it. They are collectively a group of uneducated losers. Take a look at those who were hurt and could no longer ride professionally and look at what they fell back on. Education surely is not one of them. It's comical to say the least.

Do you know these people personally? What I am interpreting is that if a person does not achieve a certain level of education then they must be a loser??? Your arrogance is overwhelming to say the least...
LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish6942, There are some guys that are still riding and in the scene today that are complete losers. I could go off naming lots of them, but I don't want to hurt any feelings.
K-wood Kid
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically your saying that if you follow your dreams instead of getting a college degree, you're a loser? Even if you are successful? Confused

www.ridecwb.com
Zach2orJack
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Haleyville

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakedork wrote:
Matt Simms is still killing it here in Alabama and riding for Hyperlite's Legion Team. Matt is always down to ride and is killin it behind the boat and on rails too.

Does he ever ride the lower part of Smith lake? Do you ever get over to Smith? Are there any places near hsv?

LFADAM
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New York City

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-wood Kid, x2. Sure some pros and meathead partiers that happen to have a knack for wakeboarding but thats quite a generalization. Rusty for example worked his butt off to get where he is and still works super hard and deserves everything he gets. Coming from Canada, having a tiny wake season, a terrible boat, and not much money he rode his butt off in the freezing waters until he could step up to a ski boat then got good enough to leave everything and drive to orlando to get his career on the map. Not to mention all of the working out he does to stay in the shape hes in while riding about 4-5 wakeboard sets a day. If you mean that they would all be screwed if they got a permanent injury because they are uneducated, for many of the pros to make it, they have to be great at advertising and public relations to get themselves out there and Im sure they wouldnt have a problem getting a job in that field if necessary. (NB-this does not include all...I know some are awful speakers and seem braindead)

K-wood Kid, x2 again on Jeff Weatherall. I see bits and pieces about him but with his skills I would think he would be much more prominent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: