Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Blackberry Storm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonyb
Addict
Addict

City: Paducah

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you don't care what i do with it, but you mentioned to take it back for a refund. The posts above tell how they're selling on ebay from $600 to $1,200.

I referred to it as a $100 desktop clock because that's how much money I have in it.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much is it going to cost for you to go back to Verizon and get a new phone after selling your Storm? I know through AT&T it costs you an arm and a leg to replace a phone when you aren't getting a new contract.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
jonyb
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got the BB 8830 that I was using before I bought the Storm. Actually, I had just bought it from a member on another forum for $80. I've had Blackberry's for 3 years now......

You're right though. To buy any phone without a contract is highway robbery. When I was in the Verizon store upgrading there was a kid next to me that bought a BB Curve outright without a contract. His bill was somewhere around $500, and his granny paid for it Rolling Eyes
jonyb
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!!! Sold for $600.
logan
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Jackson, CA

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyb, why not add insurance, sell this storm. Report it lost or stolen and get another storm and sell that too...

that is scary, i woke up with a boner and had to make sure ontrider wasn't standing around with a chainsaw...
jonyb
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can track the ESN number. I sold it quick and started using my 8830 again.

There are a lot of mods for the storm now that make it a little better, but I don't think the complaints I had could be fixed.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, wanted to revive this thread 'cuz it's time for my new every 2 and I'm considering this phone. I have the Voyager and it's ok, but definitely didn't live up to my expectations. Played with both the Storm and the EnV Touch and like 'em both.

So here's the skinny: The EnV Touch basically seems to be what I wanted the Voyager to be and with my discount & whatnot it would cost me $50. I love the size of the Storm screen and the touch screen text seems to be FAR superior to the Voyager and the Dare. But I'm not a fan of the overall hugeness of it. Also, I hear things about battery life and speed of the apps & stuff. Funny thing is, with my discount, this thing is free.

Any personal experiences you guys could share would be awesome. I'm also considering just waiting 'til Christmas to see what new slick devices drop around that time.
intotheflats
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Port Clinton, Oh

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a storm but my buddy does and he seems to like it. I played with a little and it did seem pretty slow and the thing is definitely bigger than it needs to be.

Based on the reviews, I just ordered a Tour. The reviews I saw on the storm were mostly all bad and the reviews I have seen on the tour are all good. I'll update once I get it and have a chance to see what it can do.

*2011 wakeboarder.com fantasy football champion*
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mang!
kdip
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Coquitlam, BC

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a storm, and haven't had a problem with it yet. But I hear mix reviews about it, some say its sucks and others say its amazing.
LS1_SE7EN
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one. I like it. I am currently running 5.0.0.191 and I hope they figure out a more stable version because a polished version of this OS is what should have shipped with the phone last year. I will be selling my storm to buy a storm 2 when it comes out.
Boost Deuce
Criminal
Criminal

City: Fort Collins

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of my girlfriends parents have blackberry Storms. They arent technologically advanced by any means but as far as i can tell, they love them.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input everyone!

How's the battery life? I do some moderate web browsing during the day, with a few short calls and maybe one long one peppered in there. I charge the Voyager every 2-3 days. Does the Storm need to charge every night?

How 'bout call quality? I find that I have trouble understanding people on my phone more often than I like. I played with the Storm web browser and got a little annoyed by the arrow not being where my finger actually was, but I figure that's something you can easily get used to, yea?
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester, just make sure to give it a full charge when you first get it. i have the curver and have gone 2 days w/o charging w/ a bit of browsing, quite a bit of texting and some phone calls. i usually charge every night though and keep it plugged in when i'm in my truck.
I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: