Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Must be the election stress, lunch was....interesting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oasis137
Addict
Addict

City: J-Town

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8, yea i know that, I just dont know how they can do that....guess i should go research it to find out.

Horsehead Lake=summer fun
LFADAM
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New York City

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Great story, ballsy
cracka_barrel
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt09, I guess you didn't see my sarcasm with the story about Haugy's Jeep. And Haugy........calling ME a drama queen.....therein lies the hypocrite and the drama queen all bundled up in one guy. Comeon, almost starting a fight over a cigarette butt....damn crybabies
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracka_barrel, i had to go back and re-read that because you did a piss poor job of sarcasm.

crybabies? f*ck you and everyone like you who thinks it's ok to throw your trash out wherever the f*ck you want.
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracka_barrel, I've done more for land conservation than you will ever know. But all you see is what you want to see. And "therein lies" the foolish.

Just another armchair quarterback.
cracka_barrel
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not ok to throw cigarette butts out of a window. But when someone does, does it warrant you to be "foolish"? Hey jt09 "f*ck you and everyone like you who" fail to see the irony. It's good to see guys like you doing all you can for the environment Rolling Eyes . You took a cigarette butt off of a food joint's parking lot, potentially got your ass beat, and with that.....you saved the ozone layer. You've got the world in the palm of your hands Haugy.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just doing my part. thanks for not helping.
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracka_barrel wrote:
You took a cigarette butt off of a food joint's parking lot, potentially got your ass beat, and with that.....you saved the ozone layer. You've got the world in the palm of your hands Haugy.

You just don't get it either, do you? Rolling Eyes
Do you find it acceptable for people to leave cigarette butts all over your home/yard?

ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the person who ratted him out for dropping a cigarette is a complete and utter bltch. that person deserves a f*ckin asswhipping. What f*'ing business is it of yours, where he drops his cigarette butts?
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider, Laughing Laughing Laughing

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
cracka_barrel
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady, must I quote my own post? "It's not ok to throw cigarette butts out of a window. But...."
Man, you guys have a clique here that doesn't reason very well with common sense.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider wrote:
the person who ratted him out for dropping a cigarette is a complete and utter bltch. that person deserves a f*ckin asswhipping. What f*'ing business is it of yours, where he drops his cigarette butts?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

jamal anderson isn't f*cking up anyone's world but his. people who litter, and those who tolerate them, f*ck up MY world. that shlt pisses me off to no end. ESPECIALLY the cig butt tossers. i see it several times a week and it sends me into a rage.

cracka, when you put "but" after "it's not ok to litter" you negate the "it's not ok to litter" part. if you don't want to confront someone who is trashing your world, that tells me you are completely fine w/ living in an ashtray. i'm not ok with that. at all. are you ok w/ people doing it on the lake? off of your boat? if you aren't man enough and step up for what you believe in, fine, go hide in your hole. just know that your part of the problem.
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracka_barrel, what's amusing about your "jeep" tale calling me a hypocrite. Is that if I saw a guy off trail, and destroying woodlands, I would call him out on it. We stick to the trails, and we clean up after ourselves. But all you see is what you want to see. You don't see us doing trail clean ups, and fundraisers for environmental help.

Palm of my hand eh? Well in the words of Ice Cube. BOW DOWN BEATCH!!!

P.S. You'll love the new footage I have of my eco-terror rig.
cracka_barrel
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt09, in reference to "but", there is a difference between being rational and tactful, and being irrational and "foolish". Haugy, you're getting defensive. I won't be sarcastic anymore.....I have a big, nasty four wheeler. I stick to the trails only. I clean behind the pigs that trash the woodlands too, but I am not as naive as you. I know that when I'm on my boat, in my truck, on my atv, drinking beer, flicking a light switch, or taking a poop that I'm still compromising nature even if we were to debate it down to the miniscule point of dripping antifreeze and burning fuel. Oh wait, am I being as dramatic as you were? This is all beyond the point I was making in the first place. And the point was.....get over the cigarette butts you hypocrites. This thread is ridiculous.
JOZ

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... well i know im probaly not going on with the conversation here but im ment to be doing homework and dont have time to read the whole thred and im just commenting on main post and ill read the reast later and maby post... anyway...

well firstly Shocked but then yeah go dude thats good as smoking sucks and its supid caus theres always sigerette buts everywhere and everyone always complains but knowone ever tried to do anything about it good work!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, I knew you would go there... I don't know about specific circumstances in that case, but I would prefer not to have cokeheads in establishments I frequent... so it is my business. It can bring around the wrong type of people and can cause a hell of a lot more trouble than a little cigarette butt. Not that I disagree the guy is an ass who threw the butt out.

But with my luck, I would confront that litterbug and he'd end up being high on coke and pull a gun on me... BANG!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough ont - that's your call. someone being yakked out in a club is pretty normal to me, so it's no skin off my nose (haha).
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracka_barrel, gee I didn't know we knew each other. I didn't know you knew exactly how I think. Gosh we could be brothers as well as you know me. Rolling Eyes
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise we all leave a bigger foot print on this earth then was should. Whether it be cigarette butts, excessive wakes prematurely eroding marsh, rock and trail riding tearing up natural habitat, fiberglass in surfboards, using cfc's, driving cars when we could walk or ride a bike, wasting food that is not composted for fertilizer, using disposable diapers instead of cloth for children, all of it. But to be so self righteous in your beliefs is nonsense. You dont like his cigarette butts, I am sure he would not like some of the stuff you do if he were to see it. Hopefully your confrontations will not land you with a severe beating one day or have any effect on your family in the long run. People today are crazy.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully someone throwing cigarette butts out won't land them with a severe beating. goes both ways.

what the hell do you people believe in enough to stand up for? i'd love to see you folks on that new show w/ the hidden camera where people are faced w/ moral decisions. just put your head down and move on w/ your day....
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2dagam, cracka_barrel, you two are both missing the point. Yall are close in your relation to damage to the world, etc. But there are many of us who do what we can to prevent as much damage as we can, including you. Face it, what we do is damaging. No debate there.

This guy could have done like many of us do, try to prevent it, a little bit at a time. That's all any of us can do. But instead, he chose to be a lazy SOB who decided it was somebody else's responsibility, and to not give a damn. That's why I confronted him. BECAUSE HE'S LAZY!!! He was called out on it, and acted like an ass. He got what he deserved.

It has nothing to do with some hypocrisy, or some self righteous quest. Rolling Eyes It's always the cowards who scream loudest. He littered, and I called him on it. I would hope someone would do it to me if I ever did that.
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

what the hell do you people believe in enough to stand up for? i'd love to see you folks on that new show w/ the hidden camera where people are faced w/ moral decisions. just put your head down and move on w/ your day

I dont' think it's that people don't care, but they don't want to get shot. If you see five large african american males (or maybe let's say 5 wiggers, to avoid the race card derailment)... and as they walk by you, throw a coffee cup on the ground. Do you:
A. Keep walking
B. Confront someone with backup who obviously has no regard for people other than himself anyway, and won't mind giving you a beating or if that fails, have his friends help him do it.
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral Scenario 2 for JT09 Laughing

You go to visit your buddy but his smoking hot new girlfriend is the only one home, and pulls you inside and starts stripping. Do you:

A. Do her... your friend won't mind.
B. Stick your **** in her **** (she likes it like that)
C. Tell her you really shouldn't be doing this, but have her handcuff you and tell your friend she drugged you.
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I was just practicing for when I debate with him.

EDIT - hey... you ninja/deleted your post.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider wrote:
Quote:

what the hell do you people believe in enough to stand up for? i'd love to see you folks on that new show w/ the hidden camera where people are faced w/ moral decisions. just put your head down and move on w/ your day

I dont' think it's that people don't care, but they don't want to get shot. If you see five large african american males (or maybe let's say 5 wiggers, to avoid the race card derailment)... and as they walk by you, throw a coffee cup on the ground. Do you:
A. Keep walking
B. Confront someone with backup who obviously has no regard for people other than himself anyway, and won't mind giving you a beating or if that fails, have his friends help him do it.

in that case, i pick it up myself and keep walking. let's not go cb and change around all the parameters just to get me to change my answer.

as for #2...can't do that one because....

Zach2orJack
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Haleyville

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be one of those guys until I realized the error of my ways. I quit smoking before I realized how nasty it is to see cig butts everywhere. Flame me if you want.

I guarantee none of us (including myself) do "everything" we can to keep the environment clean. That doesn't mean that we aren't doing some things to help out but we can always do more. I don't think it makes anybody a hypocrit because we don't do everything we can, that can be debated a thousand different ways.

haugy, I agree with what you did all except throwing the lit butt into his truck. IMO you did cause him to hit the person in front of him. Yes what he did was wrong but the punishment should fit the crime. Burning the interior of a vehicle and causing an accident is not what he deserved IMO, but that's just my opinion. At least you tried to give it back without much confrontation.

What I'm really wondering is what you would have done had he taken it back and flicked it out the passenger side window or at you. Now that would have made for an even better story. Laughing

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider wrote:
sorry, I was just practicing for when I debate with him.

EDIT - hey... you ninja/deleted your post.

lol - you hit me w/ #2 too quickly, so my answer looked jacked up...all good now!
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach2orJack wrote:
What I'm really wondering is what you would have done had he taken it back and flicked it out the passenger side window or at you. Now that would have made for an even better story. Laughing

Simple. Me: "Oh well since you won't do it yourself, I'll get it......oh look a nice outdoor ashtray, I'll put it in there" (opens gas cap to truck) Laughing Then watches as truck owner nearly craps himself running around the truck.

For the blindly stupid. Of course I wouldn't put it in the gas tank. But it would be nice to get his attention.
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this made for an interesting thread resurection.

Couple things I just want to point out: Haugy made it pretty clear in the original post that this whole incident came about not because he is on a mission to rid the world of cigarette butts one person at a time, but simply because at that particular moment what the guy did bothered him enough to do something about it. As far as I know this was just kind of an isolated thing that happened. Haugy, have you thrown butts at people since this happened?
Second, is that people are treating it like it was planned out and critizing the lack of thought to what could have happened. Have you guys never done something you didn't fully think of all consequences beforehand? Jesus, I hope you have at least once experienced what its like to just fly by the seat of your pants and worry less about what might go wrong and more about what you believe in. If you don't agree that Haugy was standing up for a just cause, thats fine. But if he felt he was, thats up to him to take the risk involved in doing what he did. Personally, I don't believe that your girlfriend is worth fighting over and if someone calls her a bitch in a club I would let that slide. But I do believe that my girlfriend is worth it, so if someone disrespects her I will call them on it regardless of what could happen.

ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe your girlfriend should respect you enough not to have you risk getting your ass kicked just because someone called her a name.
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
hopefully someone throwing cigarette butts out won't land them with a severe beating. goes both ways.

what the hell do you people believe in enough to stand up for? i'd love to see you folks on that new show w/ the hidden camera where people are faced w/ moral decisions. just put your head down and move on w/ your day....

The cigarette butt wont land him the severe beating, popping off to the wrong guy will. Or telling someone to stick that butt he just threw out in their ass or throwing it in their truck may. If that "lazy man" had an arm full of tats and a forearm the size of Haugy's leg, nothing would have been said. He assessed the situation and figured he didnt have much to lose since it was an old guy and he could get a moral victory. You never know who will have the upper hand.

What do I believe in enough to stand up for? Not a guy throwing cigarette butts. A butt on the ground is not a moral decision in my book. Messing with my family, a blind person, a child, anyone not capable of defending themselves including an animal is what will get me out of my chair.

Last edited by nu2dagam on Feb 09, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a snowboard trip a month ago and there were some people staying at the house I was staying at (mutual friends) and this guy was just railing on his girl. Slut this, you aint stuff, blah blah blah, your a drunk, blah blah blah. I normally dont get involved in other peoples business, but my morals would not allow me watch this girl just get brow beat by her man in front of a crowd of people so I piped up and told him to back off. She got the point. Would everyone on here have said something, probably not, but I dont stand for crap like that so thats when I open my mouth. That is how it works, if it is important to you, you speak up, cigarette butt on the ground, not so important to me as it is a battle I know I can not win.

Last edited by nu2dagam on Feb 09, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hollywood

City: Door Knob

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarders... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2dagam wrote:
jt09 wrote:

The cigarette butt wont land him the severe beating, popping off to the wrong guy will.

try and keep up skippy. if someone wants to fight me over me telling them to pick up their butt and not litter, i'm all for it. i'll tell you this - the majority of the time all i get is a sheepish look and an apology. people know they are doing wrong when they do it.

if it isn't a moral decision for you, fine. but me telling someone not to do it certainly has touched a nerve, because here you are arguing whether or not i should....
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
nu2dagam wrote:
jt09 wrote:

The cigarette butt wont land him the severe beating, popping off to the wrong guy will.

try and keep up skippy. if someone wants to fight me over me telling them to pick up their butt and not litter, i'm all for it. i'll tell you this - the majority of the time all i get is a sheepish look and an apology. people know they are doing wrong when they do it.

if it isn't a moral decision for you, fine. but me telling someone not to do it certainly has touched a nerve, because here you are arguing whether or not i should....

It is the internet buddy, you are not close enough to my nerves to touch them and I dont know you other than this from this site and the limited discussion we have had about young girls wakeboards.

It is an arguing point skippy. If Haugy does that everyday for the rest of his life, good on him. And that goes for you too. Tell all the people you want. I am just here for the debate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: