Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bindings (open or close)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punch77

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Bindings (open or close) Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm thinking about changing bindings. Actually, I'm riding a pair of LF Alpha. I'm very interested by LF Watson but I don't know if I need to take close or open. Thanks for your advice.
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Watsons to be the most comfortable of the LF range, although that is of course a personal fit thing. LF closed toes seem a little heavier than others, but the '09 look like they have come a long way.

Don't discount Ronix or Slingshot (I have now become a complete Slingshot whore), and O'Brien are releasing closed toes for '09. Given the comfort of the Xenon, O'Brien could be a strong player in closed toes, and I have been told (can't confirm) that the Slingshot boot designer will be having a hand in their boots for 2010.

Unless you cannot find a good fit, or have multiple people using your setup, I would go with closed toe over open toe.

LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new watsons are the jam. I've been riding the 09's for a few weeks now. A bit taller than previous years, but you can flex and tweak as far as you want and you don't get any pinch points anywhere. Stiffness is just right. Enought support to know its there,but not so much that the binding doesn't flex with your leg when you need it to. They're much lighter that previous years' too. If you want a goot open toe boot for a little cheaper, 09 transits are incredible as well. Performance has them in stock already.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson CT FTW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: