Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Newbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorCal9

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Newbie question Reply with quote

I just like to say wats up to everyone this being my first post in all. Well being pretty new to wakesurfing I had a few questions. I just got into the sport this summer and have been out about 5 times trying to find the "sweet spot" in the wake. Getting up hasnt been a problem its just trying to surf without the rope. I have been riding behind a Sanger V215 with only the middle ballast and trim tab. Is it possible to get a good rideable wake with these features and how would i do it? If not what should I add to make it rideable? Thanks for any advice....
akamoroti

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easiest and most sure solution is just more weight. A fat sack works or ballast of any kind. Then figuring out your weight distribution on the board, where to place feet and how much weight to put on each are crucial to finding and staying in the sweet spot. good luck man.
kdip
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Coquitlam, BC

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just lean on my front foot until I start rolling down the wake. Then I back off by putting weight on my back foot. Once I get that I throw the rope and it is easy from there.

Just remember then if you put weight on your front foot you will go closer to the boat, and back foot will bring you further back.

Good luck
Dirt Girl

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should read through some of the past threads to get more info on this, but the bottom line is you need more weight on the surf side of the boat.

So get 6 friends to go out with you and have everyone sit on the surf side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: