Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Can you help me pick out a good boat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XChris1632X

City: Marysville

PostPosted: May 31, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Can you help me pick out a good boat? Reply with quote

Ive been a lurker on this forum for awhile but I just registered. I have about 26k to spend on a boat and I am trying to figure the best one to buy. I have a small family and a lot a friends so what I am looking for is:

-Room for a group of people
-Tower
-Perfect pass
-Tower Speakers
-Ballast
-Less than 500 hours

I would like a v-drive for the room. I have been wakeboarding for about three years and I frequent behind an older 99 mobius with no weight and a 99 response that is weighted 1k and a wedge. These are the only boat I have really wakeboarded behind that matter. I can go wake to wake and thats about it. I want something that I can build my skills with but will be everything I want and need after I am doing inverts. I really wanted an older X-star but they are rather pricey. I am looking at a 02 x-10 that is optioned out for 26k. I have been leaning towards that but I figured I would ask the pros first. I dont ski but I want to use my boat to mainly board, knee board for those who want to, tube like crazy, and cruise the lake with the family. Mostly board though. What do you guys think. Is this x-10 what I should go for? And maybe some of you can tell me a little more about the x-10s.

Bolo

City: Elk Grove

PostPosted: May 31, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Sanger.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think you could get an 01-02 x star for about 26k (first choice)
2001-2002 SAN 210 would be my second choice
2004-05 Malibu VLX 3rd choice in that price range
Not sure of prices onthe Supra but a 2003-2004 22ssv would be a good choice in that price range.
you could probably look at the 04-05 Sanger in that range as well

XChris1632X

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo wrote:
Get a Sanger.

Um is this personal preference or are there reasons why?

XChris1632X

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bambamski wrote:
I would think you could get an 01-02 x star for about 26k (first choice)
2001-2002 SAN 210 would be my second choice
2004-05 Malibu VLX 3rd choice in that price range
Not sure of prices onthe Supra but a 2003-2004 22ssv would be a good choice in that price range.
you could probably look at the 04-05 Sanger in that range as well

Can you tell me why you would choose them in that order?

Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I JUST saw a 247 LSV on craigslist last week for literally 26k it was an 01 or something with super low hours (300 ish?) Look for that boat using searchtempest.com and see if you can find it. It was yellow.

Lots of room, low hours, sweet wake. If I had the money right now...

Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for how everyone else is ordering preferences of boats - it is just that - preference. All boats listed so far would be great boats. They will have different wake shapes (SAN is a very vert lipped style wake where as the malibu is more mellow, etc).

As for the guy who suggested a sanger, it's likely because they are more affordable boats and still a quality boat. I personally haven't ridden behind any of these nice boats at all, so I'm of no help.

If you're like me - any of those boats would make you wet your pants with excitement. However if you've ridden certain types of wakes you may have a preference towards mellow vs lipped wakes. For me I'm biased towards more mellow wakes, simply because of owner goggles and I've ridden a 2001 which was pretty lippy and I didn't care for the super vert feel.

If you have a wake preference go with it. If you don't and would like to do it the right way, test drive at least the "big 3" different wakes (malibu, SAN, MC) and see how you feel about them, if you don't feel like demoing, get the best deal you can find on any boat listed thus far.

oh yeah - make sure it's a v-drive Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: