Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Board and bindings suggestions, please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supervexi

PostPosted: May 29, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Board and bindings suggestions, please Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking to get a wakeboard and bindings for my girlfriend. She is a beginner in skill level - able to get up and then move around a bit, in and outside of the wake, but that's it at this point. She is very petite, about 5' 4", maybe 90 lbs, and she wears a women's size five shoe. She and I are starting to get into wakeboarding and plan to go quite often, so I want to get her a good board that can last her as her skill level increases.

I don't know sizing for women, so I don't even know what size would be best for her - only that the rental boards and mine that she has been using are WAY too big. So, if anyone has size and specific board/bindings suggestions, I would really appreciate them. Thanks,

-supervexi
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: May 30, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=30417

Look at the link for sizing boards. It will allow you to enter in all the stats for your girlfriend and size the boards and bindings accordingly.

supervexi

PostPosted: May 30, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks. I've already been there to the sizing thing. It only listed one board at all, and it gives no explanation for how it determines board or size. It says a 131 of one of the new liquid force boards.

I was kind of hoping to get some advice from actual women out there though, regarding both the board and the size. I was looking at some, and the CWB Lotus looks like a pretty good board that would take her from her current beginer skills on up a bit.

Any thoughts?

-supervexi
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: May 31, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't limit yourself to women's boards only. They are often the same shape as men's boards with different graphics. Try to demo one or two if you can. You will want something mellow to begin with.

I ride a Hyperlite TFD but started out on something a bit more mellow. Good luck!
supervexi

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The downside is that I live in Japan, and where I live there aren't any wakeboarding shops, and the rental boards I can get are all older models. That means that I am limited to ordering off of the internet, and I won't be able to have my girlfriend demo any boards before I get her one.

Any pointers on how I can judge the mellowness of a board without riding it?

thanks again
-supervexi
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rocker and fins have a lot to do with it. I ride a mellow, continuous rocker board that has 4 fins. Review the links below and keep doing your research. Good luck!

http://connection.wakeside.com/buyers-guides/wakeboards/wakeboard-rocker/

http://connection.wakeside.com/buyers-guides/wakeboards/wakeboard-fins/
gracejcswakeboarder

City: none ya biz

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

132 would be the size she should use.... get the board/bindings that Amber Wing made... if you get last years design its the same shap board .... just different graphics... and its cheapers.....
manda

City: The Land Down Under

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at the Jett and the wing bindings.... fantastic board and binding. one of the wakeboarding school around here use the jett board and recommend it to alot of the girls learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: