Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

help laidies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuel4me

City: lancaster

PostPosted: May 29, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: help laidies Reply with quote

for you women riders out there, i have a question, when me and a couple buddies go out on the boat there are usually 3 0r four girls that go with us. the one gets up pretty easy, but the others it looks like they are just letting go of the rope do to lack of strength, what can i say to help them hang on longer lol... im not a good teacher i will admit, when they ask how i do that i just say i don't know. so there ya have it. if you have any tips let me know.
gracejcswakeboarder

City: none ya biz

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curls ... like wt thw weights and have them hold on bcaz they may have more strength then they think .......
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen very young people that I teach let go as well but a lot of times they are REALLY digging the board into the water. I pride myself as a good teacher so what you can tell them to do is this. As soon as they feel the pull on the rope, tell them to immediately try to dip their feet down under the water. This will make sure the board stops becoming parallel to the water and has an incline to climb out with.
fuel4me

City: lancaster

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help. ill try your suggestions and see how they do...
Punkpenguin
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught a few girls how to ride a few weeks ago

one was like 12 the other about 17

I took pretty much the same approach as Wakeboarder3780, except i was in the water right next to them, illustrating the motion

I would have the driver idle and let the girls ( or whoever) get a feel for how the board works when you 'dip your toes into the water' then have the driver slowly increase the speed and tell them to point their toes up and feel the lift, ride around for a bit like that

then have them try to get up, just dont yank em out of the water when they are starting.
corasky123
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched the book and it really helped me, tell them the boat does all the work, you dont have to be strong to get up, you just have to have the technique. the boat will compress them, pushing their knees to their chests and pulling them on top of the water, then they can stand up and turn biggest thing, dont fight the boat

thats how i do it, its hard to put into words, but i hope it helps

surfzup

City: Acworth

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book really helped me alot too (I wouldnt have tried half as much this year without it, and my jumps are getting much higher!!)...the biggest thing is the driver. For a girl to get up, you dont need much speed and there is no need to jerk em up.
Give them a nice easy speed progression and tell them when starting to keep their arms straight with no bend at the elbows, and they also need to stay in a leaned back position (letting the boat pull them up instead of trying to stand). It should help alot and it will keep the rope from jerking out of their hands.

mmm84

City: Feeding Hills

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you don't really need muscle, they just need to learn how to let the boat do the work like "surfzup" said.

Try telling them to keep their elbows inside their knees and to point their toes a little bit when the boat starts to pull. Those two tips helped me tons! I got up right away after learning those. =) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: