Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Havasu Sliders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Fiege

City: Huntington beach,CA

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Havasu Sliders Reply with quote

Anyone know who put up the slider and whats left of the other stuff acroos from site 6 at Havasu? Just got back and my group wants to fix some of the stuff there but we don't want to step on anyone feet. If anyone knows the story let me know, it would be much appreciated. Very Happy
brinks
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys that built those sliders will be at my house in Tempe late tonight. I will try to have them post
something for you.
Check my profile. That is one of the sliders that is no longer there but the parts are.

Box of Fun out NOW! Get it at your local board shop!
Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: havasu sliders Reply with quote

yea i just got back today (6-2) from 4 days at my cabin in havasu, we only had a wave runner so i knew i woudl only be doing sliders. my friend and i fixed up alot of the stuff, we sorted the wood, dragged all the messed up rails back to the makeshift dock there, and nailed all the metal down so they were ready to go. the A frame is soooo sick, we sessioned that alot. we also set a PVC rail we found (about 12 ft long) on the dock and jibbed across that. im so stoked for this stuff, were goin back up in a couple weeks and were gona build a new rail, etc. There are still 3 legs solidly in the ground and we have everything ready to throw the 30 ft flatt on them to make a nice flat rail (just ran outta time) also, in the following cove going towards copper canyon, hidden in the bushes is a perfect dragon rail. it needs top metal to be slidable but its floating and it is soooo sick. lets try and keep this slightly on the DL so only the people who are truly into it take advantage of these. WSR made most of the stuff but going from the tags on them im gona say a group "imfamous" had alot to deal with it as well. As we left this morning im not gona lie, the floating dock has id say a week left. the wood is gettin farther and farther from the pontoons/floaters. this sucks. o well. later
Joe
wake_playa
Criminal
Criminal

City: az

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were do u live at in az...i live out by lake pleasent......i ride at havasu all the time.....

Don't hate the player hate the game.
Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: scottsdale Reply with quote

i live in scottsdale, but weve been goin to havsu my whole life cause of our cabin, so if you board there all the time do you know about the sliders? have you hit them? are you intereseted in helping with the development of building them and stuff anyways just holla back if you want. im out later dude
Joseph
Rob Fiege

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My havasu weekends keep getting put off but it looks like i'll be out for the june 21st weekend. If anyone is gonna be around i'll help build/ get materials/ give pulls just send me a shout.

Later,
Rob
Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: how they been Reply with quote

has anyone been there lately, im still outta town and i think im headin up sometime for like a week durin the first week of july. how is that dock doing? it was strugglin last time i was there. has anything new been added, has anything fallin down? these next couple months are gona be sketch with the monsoon storms that allways come in in the afternoon. hope it doesnt knock anything over. well someone respond, i really wana know. later
Joseph
Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: SOMEONE REPLY Reply with quote

Come on someone has to have been there since the first week in june. im goin sometime in the next two weeks so holla back if you gona be up there, but does anyone know ANYTHINg about how everything is doing. is the dock still there? is teh A frame still up? has anyone done anything with the dragon rail? SOMEONE REPLY, lata
Joseph
MattyBoyR6
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mesa

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry don't know anything about sliders up in Havasu, but is it legal to even put sliders up on AZ lakes? Does the ranger ever take em apart?

Also if anyone needs materials let me know. I can get ahold of strong plastic water & sewer pipe in 20ft lenghts 6 or 8 in dia. I work construction and know when the crews are finished laying pipe and can get decent wood too.

Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: fine then Reply with quote

hey everyone, well since noones been there, im goin. lol im heading up to my cabin this monday for the week, (july 7th) were gona be workin on the sliders and hittin them, etc. holla back if anyone wants to help, interested, etc. 480.688.7176, anyways were in a blue sunsetter vlx. later
Joseph
Rob Fiege

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az,

Just got back for Havasu today. Fixed up the structure on the dragon back slider but it still needs trex or something to slide on( we ran out of time) and the A-frame needs a support or 2 added. As far as the rangers go, we got yelled at 2 nights in a row for boarding after dark bu they never said anything about the sliders and they have been there for awhile... Joseph I might be heading out again this coming weekend so I'll give you a call if i head that way. Have fun bro

Later,
Rob
Az Ridaz

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: goin tuesday Reply with quote

hey everyone, im goin up to havasu Tuesday. i looked at the weather and it looks like there might be some monsoon action so im thinking if the water is rough/etc. theres gona be alot of time spent just workin on the sliders. i really want to hit teh dragon so we will problye set that up. anyone know of any new features built? is that ollie barrel still up? is the small flat rail still up? please write back or gime a call 480.688.7176 if your gona be out there or anything. anyways lata
Joseph

AZR
Stephan

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rob & I know that they are still there. The Dragon needs to be floated off the shore and anchored, the flat bar across the cove is there albeit a little unflat(it's got a small dip) the A-frame looks too insane for me. Rob says I'm a puss. I just need a helmet. Who's out for Labor Day?!!
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-I dont' think you're a puss but who are the ones that hit the flat bar hhhuuhhh? I would've hit the A-Frame if I had a helmet and pads. The flat bar was fun even though I ate sh*t twice and was on there for 3 seconds.

The dragon slider looks sick, the dock is still there but loks very unstableand there is a metal barrel on top of it, is that the ollie barrel you're referring to?

rydehyperlite
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: the dragon slider Reply with quote

the dragon slider is all fixed up again and it kicks ass
rydehyperlite
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: dragon slider in havasu Reply with quote

this slider kicks ass i cant wait to go back
rydehyperlite
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: havasu sliders Reply with quote

its fun no matter what!
rydehyperlite
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: havasu sliders Reply with quote

dont try this on a wakesk8 its a really bad idea
Stephan

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Yeah that thing is fixed up!! Is that the one that has been there forever, I've never seen it looking so nice. I'll be there for Thanksgiving, anyone else gonna make it out for the long weekend? It would be fun to session the sliders with some people that have a little more rail experience than I... I need a helmet. hope you folks in Lake Arrowhead are alright.
ogc-2
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were are all the sic sliders located at Havasu im going there on spring break!!

Thanks Tyson Very Happy
Stephan

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all right I'll be there for Spring Break, are the sliders still there? I don't see whythey wouldn't be. I'll be there in a white Mastercraft 205 on this Saturday & Sunday, give a shout if you see us.
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you AZ guys still around? I'm building sliders and kickers and winches oh my! I need participants!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: