Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

wakeboard as kite board.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evo8coop

PostPosted: May 22, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: wakeboard as kite board. Reply with quote

hi everyone i was wondering if it is possible to use a wake board as a kite board. is there any difference between the 2 thanks for the information.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: May 27, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is yes, you CAN use a wakeboard. However, if you are a beginner, it will make learning difficult. Wakeboards are slow, so they take alot more power to keep planing. More power means all your mistakes are amplified.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
wviveen
Addict
Addict

City: Loosdrecht

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I also use a wakeboard for kiteboarding. I use my PS3 of last year for kiteboarding (137). The biggest problem I have using a wakeboard is loosing height, because the lack of edge/fins.

That is the biggest disavantage i think ? I am thinking of buying a kiteboard, but they are really expensive over here in Europe. 700 euro is a normal price.
(1000 $).
DadKid
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiteboards are expensive in Canada too, if you order them new from the US (shipping duty, brokerage fees KILL us). However I bought a beginner board for cheap. Check out local discussion boards and classifieds and you might find someone who wants to upgrade their board. Some of the locals here also make their own boards.

I've got the reverse question: Any value to taking my new kiteboard out behind the wakeboard boat to get used to riding it? The weather has been rainy and the winds gusty here so I haven't had a decent chance to go kiting with it. I'm still practicing water starts
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the board. If its any of the boards that are made similar to how wakeboards are made then you would be fine. If it is one of the small balsa lightweight kiteboards, then you will snap it if you go big behind a boat. The big boost guys dont need a sturdy board since they dont land hard. They want them as light as possible.

DadKid
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a LF Truth. Light but similar contrsuction to a wakeboard. I'm at the stage of trying to improve my water starts and to stay upwind and trying to avoid spectacular wipeouts. I'm having trouble with my edging technique and thought I might take the kiteboard behind a boat to work on it. Winds have been pretty marginal this spring. I'm wondering if my wakeboarding habits are hindering me. I'm not used to tucking in my back leg and sticking out my front leg.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any LF board should be good to go. It gets easier as you figure it out. Its really more about body position in reference to the wind. The leg thing is just the best way to learn it. Once you get it you won't need to be so rear foot heavy and your stance will return to normal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: