Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

SURFACE 360....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gracejcswakeboarder

City: none ya biz

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: SURFACE 360.... Reply with quote

could someone explain to me how to do this trick .... ?
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: May 28, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not a girl but I should be able to throw down some sort of explanation however I will admit you will probably get better response in the future by posting in the "trick tips" forum.

Anyways I ride regular and do this trick on smooth days by starting at the wake and cutting out hard hs heading left of the left wake and when I get almost all the way out and sharply change directions to go to ts and lift up on my heels (so I dont catch an edge) from here on out the handle pass is what will help you rotate the rest of the way around.

A good progression technique that I used is doing only half of the above. IE cut out hard left and when you get almost all the way out and switch directions to ts quickly, reach for the handle and try to stay with your back to the boat doing a "no look ts boardslide" if that is even a "trick" Both hands on the handle sliding backwards. From here on out if you are regular all you need to do is let go with your left hand so your right hand will pull you the rest of the first 180 of the rotation. This should be a slow static way to work on the first half of the trick which should be the hardest.

Make sense?

Punkpenguin
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good explanation,

When you cut out heelside flatten out off your edge before you to go switch ( via a 180)

When you do this pull the handle from your lead hip to your back hip, this is the motion that initiates the 180

Once you have the 180 down, when you pull the handle to your hip, really pull hard and let go with your front hand but keep pulling with the back and reach around your back with your front hand to grab the handle

When you do it make sure that you shift your weight to your heels when your making the handle pass, if you dont you will catch edge

A great way to practice the passing part is to use a kneeboard, its pretty easy to surface 360 on those, and it will give you the muscle memory
surfzup

City: Acworth

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out learning to ride cuff (almost bent over facing away from the boat with the rope held in both hands behind your back.

Once I got the feel for riding cuff, I just quit stopping. I would lean grab the rope with the other hand, rock onto my toes and let the board slide around and just not stop at the 180 and let the board continue on around.

Doing it that way will allow you to do it in or out of the wake.

I wanna get the true 180 down.....<sigh> maybe this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: