Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Aerial universal tower??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse13

City: Murrieta, CA

PostPosted: May 04, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Aerial universal tower?? Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about these? Are they any good? Are they crap?

Are universal towers in general junk?

Thanks

http://stores.ebay.com/H2O-Sports-Warehouse_Towers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ18300294QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: May 04, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a standard design that's being used by the world and his wife right now... it can be had cheaper elsewhere.

Try trawling a bit, names like Bullet Lines, Krypt, Pyramid Manufacturing etc... all do similar/the same towers. Some do a great job, some are unheard of, some are bad and so forth...

If you are going anywhere near salt ensure you buy an anodized one, personally I'd go for an anodized regardless unless you like polishing.

Also, when you buy, get 4 extra rubber deck gaskets - all those things only come with 4, which IMO isn't enough, you need 4 for the inside of the deck also. You may also want to swop out some of the weedier stainless hardware for larger 316 stainless.

At the end of the day, thing to remember is that most of these are new companies are selling pre-designed stuff from china. So don't expect technical knowledge or much customer support come install time (though I'm sure some are fine/knowledgeable).

You're best bet will always be to go with a tried and trusted company like Monster Tower, Samson Sports or New Dimension Towers who actually design their own goods and have the technical knowledge to back up their products already in place. I would personally avoid a company who only trade on ebay and don't have a physical workshop/technical department or at least mobile fitting facilities at the bare minimum - not that you'd necessarily need these things but it would certainly add credibility and let you know that they have experience.....

Just my biased 2 cents... Laughing

Billet man

PostPosted: May 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse13,

Of course Britt is going to push the companies that he represents. In my eyes all he is trying to get you to do is spend more money than you have to. My name is Raul and I own Pyramid Manufacturing Inc. My company sells product that is comparable if not better than the stuff he sells and at a much better price. I have been in the wakeboard tower business for just about as long as there has been towers. I was one of the original Boss Accessory owners so if anyone knows about building towers it would be me. If you are worried about china product I know for a fact that at least one if not two of the companies that Britt represents is having there product made there. So that being said if there is anything I can help you with even if it is just to answer a question please feel free to give me a call.

Raul Camacho
Pyramid Manufacturing Inc./Diywake.com
www.diywake.com
916-337-1324
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay is very iffy sometimes. try www.diywake.com the towers on there are as cheap as they come with free shipping. I got a polished aluminum one andme and four buddies put it on in about 3 hours. heres mine.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=531669
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: May 06, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billet man, Hey Raul, my above statement was in no way a dig at you (note the: "Some do a great job" line Very Happy )... hope you didn't take offence, if so I do sincerely apologise. I'm sure you are aware the only reason I don't work with you is that Polished stuff doesn't work well for my customers here in the UK due them being primarily salt-water based and the British weather being damp and cold! Laughing

Also, apologies if my post seemed overly biased; though there is a reason for this and all my recommendations are justified... Of the 3 companies I suggested - I hear so many positive views of Samson that I always try to plug them (though we are not connected) and the other 2 I do work with and think to be great businesses - that's why I import them/sell them - I simply cherry pick the companies that I think do the best job and import them to Europe. I don't sell into the US at all so my recommendations bare no impact on my sales. On an open forum like this, I can offer experienced knowledge and not be biased by a business interest.

jesse13, You should probably be made aware that most of these common tower designs are actually rip-offs of Rauls work (who has now gone on to design more great towers). He was the original manufacturer but unfortunately, others saw that the product was good so ripped it off - often badly and without the same quality, welding, polishing processes. This is why you need to be wary of the common designs - not all can be trusted like Rauls stuff. Rauls product can be trusted 100% for quality, service and reliability - having had business dealings with him in the past I can vouch for him being a 100% straight up guy. The only area the product is slightly weak on is in salt, not really a biggy if you boat on fresh water. You will need to keep up on the polishing more than an anodised or powder coated tower; but hey - that's half of what boatings about - 50% of boating time is spent in the driveway with the hose and a bucket of soapy water! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: