Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help for HS Backroll to revert(fakie)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afrodeziak
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Calgary, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Help for HS Backroll to revert(fakie) Reply with quote

I am just wondering from the people who can actually land this trick... when should I start turning for the 180... I basically tried this.

Same approach as I do for my back rolls, go up around, and then when im upside down let go of my front hand and kind of try to twist my body over for the 180... I landed pretty much sideways as if i was doign a butterslide on the wake and then ate it ... SO i didn't get all of the way around on the 180 rotation... I had the air for it, just trying to figure out the rotation.

Let me know
Thanks
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't let go w/ your lead hand, that can cause you to open up early and it can kill your rotation, it may be why you came up short. You can use both hands for control and also to help pull the handle to your rear hip. Same release as a backroll, same rotation until the top, then just think about pulling that handle to your rear hip. The landing will be a little heavier, think about landing toe heavy and absorb it with your knees even more than you would for a heelside landing. Definitely let off the handle w/ your lead hand on the way down if you feel confident that you have the rotation nailed, otherwise use both hands to help force it.
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim breaks this trick down great for you, the only thing I would add and it might not be the key for everyone but push the board more in the away direction while leaving the wake. So normal approach and all that but as you release off the wake push the board up and away from the boat more than you normally would.. this will initiate the hips in motion and make the board and everything else swing into place naturally.

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats a good call, I assume you mean to increase your angle off the wake to help you lay it out just a little more. The line tension will get tighter and the rotation will be quicker but it will definitely help you to come around to fakie, it will feel more natural as opposed to forcing the revert with a hard pull.

J_DOGG - I think all this stellar advice should come at a price, we should open a paypal account Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: