Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

11 year old daughter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: 11 year old daughter Reply with quote

I have an 11 (in June) year old daughter that weighs 65 lbs. and has never wakeboarded before. She does gymnastics (handsprings, but does not do no handed flips yet) and is very athletic. She is tiny though. I was thinking about buying her this set up and wanted some feedback from you girls if I could get it. She wears a size 1 kids shoe. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIQUID-FORCE-WAKEBOARD-BINDINGS-MICRO-GIRLS-XS-S-NIP_W0QQitemZ130215057326QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47362QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-HYPERLITE-DIVINE-119-cm-JR-WAKEBOARD-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ300217744540QQihZ020QQcategoryZ47363QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter just turned 13 Sunday - honestly at 11 I would go with a larger board - She sounds really small but she could hit a serious growth spurt any day - my daughter grew about 6 inches from 11 to 12.5 - went from 75 lbs to 115 - so I would go with a 126 to 130 at least..........

a board that is too small is harder to ride than one that might be on the large side - size doesn't matter so much until you start spinning and inverts imo

don't spend too much on the boots - those footsie are growing too......
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

River gave you good advice about the board. Definitely don't spend too much on bindings - she will go through a couple in the next few years. If she continues with wakeboarding, her gymnastics skills will help her with inverts. Once she starts doing back-tucks and back layouts, she will have good body control which will help her greatly when she learns inverts wakeboarding. Keep her going with gymnastics
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked her up a LF Nemesis 124 and kids elelment bindings. I was helping her with her front flips on the tramp this weekend, without a spot, and was trying to convince her to give her back flip a shot without me spotting her. No go though, maybe her gymnastics coach will step it up for her this week. I am a dad, but I think she is going to be good. I built her gymnastics bar this weekend and it is perfect to attach the handle to so she can learn her passes. She is juiced about her board coming in. Me too : )
booby bunny
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: duck central

PostPosted: May 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is 9, but is 5 feet tall, and weighs in at 75 lbs, she wears a size 5 in kids, 7 in womens shoes.

She has been riding for two years, we started her on the hyperlite 128.. I am so very glad we did not go small for her.

Your daughter must be tiny.. Aly has not worn a size 1 since she was 6, maybe 7.
nu2dagam
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely Tiny like her mama, who is 5' 2" and part Thai. She will be 11 at the end of june. She eats like a horse and her legs are getting longer, but she is still a very small girl. I am waiting on the growth spurt, I am sure it is coming very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: