Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

1989 Supra TS6M Comp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

City: Northern Illinois

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: 1989 Supra TS6M Comp Reply with quote

I just bought this boat last weekend and I thought I would throw up some pics of it. I got it for $6000. I need to find/build a rear bench seat as that was thrown out by the previous owner, and reupholster the seats.

I would also like to peel off the raspberry colored sticker and get a big supra logo like the newer style supras have on them, but i need someone to photoshop a logo on there for me to see if I like it first...any takers? haha. Then I plan on getting some speakers for the tower, hook up a sub and drive the stuff out of it.

I need to figure out how to shrink down a couple other pics that I have.
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez...no comments? Maybe people dont like it..
Alpine CDA-9886M deck = LOUD!
critterCQB
Criminal
Criminal

City: Neptune Beach

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice man! We all need to rock our old schools. I just recently "inherited" an '86 comp. We need to make sure these things never die. That bitch looks good. I'm mucho jealous of the tower.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Oakville

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

critterCQB, you are right buddy. Get all our old comps and cruise, uber pumped!

tazman7, killer boat buddy, id say loose the stripe. Most Comp owners get rid of them, lol. Nice 80's styling. Whats the condition of her?
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall it is in pretty good shape. I am going to get a price on getting a cover and the seats redone on it in the morning.

I am also going to take off the stripes on it and wash and wax it and hopefully get a new supra logo for it. My buddy is going to help me hook up a system in it, and I am still trying to decide what I am going to do about the rear seat.

I have thought about putting a seat in each corner in the back of the boat and make a little step for in between them or something that people can step on to get into the boat instead of jumping all over the seats...
bigkitch
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a cover made up here for around $800 (CDN), 4 years later she still loks brand new. Just made by a local guy, did a great job.

Wouldnt be a bad idea, the middle seat is tight with it being right behind the engine cover. Just sucks with that rear seat. When I go for a slalom set, no one can sit in that seat, unless they want to get decapitated.

Look in my thread on my " '85 Comp TS6M ". Formerly known as lowcashfisherman, posted some pics of his Comp that had the Supra swoop logo. I was thinkin of doin the same but, I like ti better with no graphics. If anything I would get the ones right by the transom from the new models, but with the boat sitting so low in the water, not much room for it.
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those are the graphics that I want to do, his boat is sweet!

Im just not sure what colod graphics would look good on my colored boat. I was thinking like black.

Where do I get those graphics at? I have heard of people getting them at dealers but couldnt I have some made for cheaper at a local sign shop?

bigkitch
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the local shop. I priced out the Supra 'block' lettering and it was gonna cost over 500 (CDN) from the dealer. Plus you could get them sized to fit the scale of our Comp's, compared to a deep hull Launch.

Yeah he sold that boat, was gorgeous! Just when you get them made they will say they have to add the Rights 'R" with the circle for the by-law, but you dont have to stick that on the boat Laughing
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped today to get an estimate on a custom cover for it and the seats redone- $1300.

The cover is going to have a drawstring around it to suck it tight and straps that go around the trailer to tighten it down to drive with it on. Also, in the front the cover is going to go all the way down to the trailer to eliminate rock chips in the bow. And for the seat I am going to go with snow white, and I cant decide what color trim I am going to go with, I was thinking either black or teal to match the boat.
I also stopped to get an estimate on getting a supra logo made for the side, like the yellow one has. $250 installed.
The logo guy also referred me to a guy that can do pinstriping so he can make the pinkish colored striped on the boat any color I want...

not quite sure what color would look best with teal...
critterCQB
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've always been told/and done, NEVER trailer with a cover on. It's hell on the gel coat.
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know...this guy makes them so the dont mess anything up...my dad pulled his tournament boat every weekend for 5 years straight with a cover this guy made with no problems with the cover nor the gel coat. On the inside of the cover he puts like a felt type of fabric on it.
tazman7
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok went out today and played in the driveway

Took the heat gun and some elbow grease and tried getting all of the stickers off the side of the boat. Not sure if you will be able to tell from the pics but its almost like there is a wax buildup along all of the edges of the stickers and there is a little color difference too. So I thought well, im going to try wetsanding it with 1500 grit sandpaper and getting out the pc and try to polish it...well from what I could tell I need to go up to like a 2000 grit sandpaper or get a little "rougher" pad...I only have a polishing pad right now.

Let me know if this is how you guys would try to correct this problem is wetsanding and polishing.

After wetsanding and polishing

after removing stickers, hasnt been wetsanded or polished yet

good pic of color difference and wax buildup

Before
critterCQB
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What motor ya got in that thing?
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCM 351
critterCQB
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I've got the 350. Both very nice.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazman7, congrats, I had an 89 Comp. It met with an untimely demise unfortunately. I now run a Mariah.

I did a detailed thread on how to remove decals off your boat. I had to wetsand mine and then powerbuff it, then wax it. Looks great now.

HERE: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=66961&highlight=removed+decals

As for your cover, I have one like yours. While it could hold up to a short distance towing, don't make it a habit. Not only will the cover's life expectancy go down, it does do damage to the gelcoat of your top deck. Trust me on this one, no matter what the cover guys says. He just wants to make sure you buy his cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: