Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Rule Ballast Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burke

PostPosted: May 21, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Rule Ballast Pump Reply with quote

I'm putting together a ballast system for my 97 Moomba DD. I've been looking at the Rule 405FC pump as a possibility. They seem relatively cheap, and pump 1100 GPH.

Has anybody used these pumps? Anything I should know when considering these pumps?
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: May 24, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also looked at the rule 1100. 30 bucks for the speed of a normally 70 dollar pump - seems like a good deal to me. Let me know how it turns out. Make sure you realize that the strainer part is where the water intake is, and the nice plastic hose part is water output. If you want to use it for water intake you'd have to make some sort of funnel on the strainer part?
Cyclonecj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like them. They are physically small and pump a lot. I have the originals in my boat and it's an '01. I've used them in other boats too with great results. You have to orient them so that the outlet is facing up, but that's good practice with any aerator pump. They can develop cracks in the base around the screws, they won't prime then. That's usually from freezing or vibration from bad mounting. I recommend them, esp. for the price. There is a nifty mounting bracket availble for them for about 3 bucks as well.

Here's a pic of my ballast. It has one Rule 1100 fill pump, one Rule 1100 drain pump. It uses two solenoid valves to isolate two in hull tanks. I recently rebuilt the manifold and upgraded the valves to 1" . The pumps were mounted vertically in the center of the boat but the outlet tilted down. I put a 45 elbow on the fill pump inlet to tilt it back enough to let the "bubble" out of the top of the pump. I did the same with the PVC manifold for the drain pump. This pic shows the drain pump and one valve. It is a very tight fit and I really am limited on pump choice.

The ballast is 700 lbs total and fills and drains in six minutes. Its small, but it's quick and reliable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: