Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Finally Snowboarded--Ankle Killing Me--Boot?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcap
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Homeless

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Finally Snowboarded--Ankle Killing Me--Boot? Reply with quote

First time having my ankle back in a binding since I destroyed it several years ago. It was a blast! But now my ankle is killing me. I have two more lessons and would like to buy a board but I need some input on boots.

Are there any boot/binding setups that keep the ankle/foot/board attached without any slop?

Thanks

jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton Driver, hands down the stiffest boot on the market. It is as close as you can get to a hard boot.

I'd for sure check them out, and sample some other freeride boots.

Generally if you go with the same manufacturer for binding and boot you'll get a more precise fit, but you can cross between companies and still have a good fit. You just have to see if the boots are made in a similar style (ie minimal bulk v. heavy bulk and how the straps of the bindings are made to fit around the boot).

Also, get toe-cap binding straps. They drive the binding back into the heel cup for a solid fit.

Tbonez
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: ATL

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of articles I have read in snowboarder magazine stated that BOA lacing system is the best for those with weak or damaged ankles...I picked up a pair of boots with them in it and I am going to try it..I will let you know how it works out.
bschall
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also raise yuour ankle strap on your bindings and itll make it so you can tweak your ankles... is that said right?
prior40
Addict
Addict

City: Palo Alto

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have horribly weak ankles. I've been rocking some Flow bindings for the last couple of seasons with Salomon boots and I haven't tweaked my ankle once. Now that I have stated that though I am sure I'll be wrecking it the next time I get to the mountain.
kdip
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Coquitlam, BC

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find ThirtyTwos make a very comfortable boot. I have the Primes and they are the best boots I have ever owned.
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burtons are super comfy, and the driver is a stiff boot for sure. Check out the Vans Andreas Wiigs also, Andreas has has come ankle problems and Vans have designed the boot around this. I'm very happy with mine after switching from a Burton Hails (a very soft park boot).
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Dec 18, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the VANS - have had mine 3 years and ankles have been a problem wakboarding....... none snowboarding........

I bought my daughter some ROXY - an my lord they are super stiff - I hope they are comfy.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: