Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Hitting Tahoe next week - need terrain park tips...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watarski
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Panama City Beach

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Hitting Tahoe next week - need terrain park tips... Reply with quote

I am heading out to Tahoe this week and will be hitting Heavenly and Squaw. I have snowboarded out West ~8 times, and the last few I have spent more time in the terrain parks - Big fan of Squaw's parks.

That said, I'm having a hard time adjusting to jumping. I am about 3 out of 5 on landing my jumps (tabletops, etc in the intermediate parks). I tend to fall back, sometimes very slightly. My 10+ years of wakeboarding is playing tricks on my snowboarding attempts. I want to try 360's but my inconsistency on simple jumps/grabs is very disconcerting. Any tips or websites with tips is much appreciated-
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip #1, avoid Heavenly

Tip#2, get low on approach, squat and keep your weight over the balls of your feet. Pop, and stay crouched for your first few hits. A couple of trips through should get you a bit more comfortable.

When are you heading out? Conditions are crap right now, it looks like there could be a bit of snow in the next day or so to soften it up, but it may not be enough.

Watarski
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Panama City Beach

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going with my wife, and she likes Heavenly...not to mention we got great prices on lift tickets.

I will try squatting more. I don't know if I'm squatting enough.

We will be out Wed - Fri, probably hitting Squaw on Friday. It's supposed to snow a little bit this week. Are the conditions hard packed right now?
Jensen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chico

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it snowed today and more is coming. The groomed runs are still great, and with the snow coming this week the snow off the groomed runs should be decent.
TP83
Addict
Addict

City: Woodside

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week is gonna be sick, this weekenend was pretty good not many people on the hill for a 3 day weekened and the snow wasnt to bad. it started to snow sunday which made sqauw better and the forcast says more snow for the rest of the week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: