Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Playa Del Carmen, anybody been?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DadKid
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Playa Del Carmen, anybody been? Reply with quote

Finally got into this and bought myself a kite!! Took some kitesnowboarding lessons and now I'm just waiting for the local ice conditions to improve. We just had a week of rain which destroyed a foot and a half of powder on the river and lakes.

My wife is planning a trip to Playa Del Carmen and I'll be looking to take kiting to the water with a little instruction. Anyone have any experience in Playa? I've found one place in Tulum (extremecontrol.net) but I'm not sure how difficult it is to get there from Playa. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
JTRebel
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Graham

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulum is about 30-45 minutes south of Playa. You can get a taxi or ride the bus for pretty cheap. I usually just rent a car for around $25 US per day. I go to Playa once a year, but have never kiteboarded there. I have seen quite a few out in the ocean, though.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of places on The Mayan Riviera to ride. All relaly nice beaches and clear blue water. Should have no trouble getting going down there. What kite did you end up getting?

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
DadKid
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys. We're now just trying to decide on a hotel.

I got a Waroo 9m to get me started on the snow. I'll probably pick up a 15 for the summer. That was the recommendation of my instructor/dealer/local expert. It's been sitting in the living room for two weeks now waiting for its first flight. I'm going crazy like a kid with a new toy that I can't use. Maybe Fri after work...

We need our snow back. It was awesome at New Years. My son rode powder across the lake on his snowboard with the 3m trainer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: