Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

1983 2001 with lots of upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bchesley

City: Whitehouse

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: 1983 2001 with lots of upgrades Reply with quote

Boat specs:
1983 2001 Ski Nautique, 351, Boat hours 1150

Trailer is a 1984 model with brakes
I never thought that this day would come, however, an opportunity to by a 1998 Super Sport landed in my lap. I really thought that the wife would nix the deal, but my luck changed. I bought this boat in the winter of 1999-2000. It went straight to Southwest Correct Craft in Lindale Texas to get new air graphics with black stripe, and a complete CC interior kit using GT vinyl and 40oz carpet. I then added the Airboom Tower with one board rack. Since then I have upgraded and or rebuilt alot on this boat. Each winter I have had a pretty extensive project. The list of projects are below.

New steering cable in 03
New Helm and Bezel in 06
New Dino Marine Steering wheel in 06
New exhaust hose in 03
New Morse MV3 Controls and new cable hardware in 06
New Temp guage in 02
New Bow Light in 06
New Stern Light in 01
New Battery Cables In 06
New Odyssey PC1200 Battery in 06
Added cup holders to dashin 01
Added New Style CIPA Comp Mirror and Bracket to Windsheild
All New Cooling Hoses from Thruhull to Motor in 05
New Carberator in 06
Electronic Ignition and MSD Coil in 05
Repitched Acme 208 4-blade to a 13x11.5 (for Wakeboarding)
Trailer has new LED lights
Added Winch to Trailer (CC trailers do not come one with)
New Clarion CMD4 Deck, two Polk MOMO 6.5 Tower Speakers, Two Polk MOMO 6.5 in Combing Pads, 1-12" Polk MOMO Sub in custom enclosure, Clarion Remote mounted in dash by boat controls, APX480 Clarion Amp, all professionally installed in 06

Full tuneup in spring 07 that included cap, rotor, plugs, thermostat, and plug wires.

My winter project this year was to add a dripless packing, new motor mounts, and a new strut bushing. I have the parts and will have my dealer install them as a part of the sale.

The carpet was replaced spring of 06 due to me spilling oil on the floor. When I had the carpet out I had my dealer reglass the floor and stringers to fix some minor cracks from 24 years of use. You will not find a more solid and ready to ride 2001 hull. Nor will you find a better color combination in my opinion. I know I have spent way too much money to ever get it back, but part of the fun for me was working on it. I am sure that I have left out some of the minor things that I have replaced. I changed the oil and tranny religously and always fogged and filled with antifreeze.

The last thing is I have a set of GT-40 heads that I will sell with the boat for an additional $500. These heads will add 40hp+/-.

Interior pictures can be seen at this link. http://www.the2001.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=779

The boat is not perfect. We use it twice a week so it has some minor wear and tear since the cosmetic renovations. The boat lives in a boathouse and is ready for a test drive. Please feel free to email me any questions. I can email you plenty of pictures. Asking price is $11,500 Or Best Offer!!! Thanks.

2001a.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  20.45 KB
 Viewed:  4001 Time(s)

bchesley

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my dealer install the dripless packing, strut bushing, new motor mounts, and align it today so the boat is ready to go.
bchesley

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat has been sold***********************
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Classified Ads All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: