Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

The Truth Behind Comp Vests (Non USCGA vests)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P hat in Cincy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Greater Cincinnati

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etang789 wrote:
OK after reading this thread Im going to throw out vest that are not USCGA approved or its too worn out!

What USCGA approved are the best for wakeboarding? I was thinking to buy some new Helium SWAT series!

This thread made me sit back and think, so the wife and I are doing the same. I ordered the HL Side Entry and she'll be getting a LF Hinge.

I'm sorry for this family's loss...

jiffy

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an easy solution. The wakeboard community should speak out against these vests. Every forum member should let the noobies know that these vests will not float you at all. People on forums ask our opinions everyday and when they ask about Non-CGA vests they need to know they will not help you float....at all.

I think there is a misconception in the community that Non-CGA vests will help you float just enough for your friends to come get you in an accident. Of course some of us know that is not true but there seems to be a lot of confusion out there and it is our job to let everyone know the real deal.
correctcrafter

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I hate the loss of your sibling I know that you will have a void for the rest of your life that will never be filled..

If someone told you that you had to spell a word correct the first time you wrote it and if you did not spell it correct you could possible lose your life you tried but miss spelled the word would you draw a law suit against the pencil manufacter? To me its the same principal.... You play with fire you get burned..... that is not JP's fault....JMO
Puck3tt

PostPosted: May 10, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correctcrafter wrote:
First of all I hate the loss of your sibling I know that you will have a void for the rest of your life that will never be filled..

If someone told you that you had to spell a word correct the first time you wrote it and if you did not spell it correct you could possible lose your life you tried but miss spelled the word would you draw a law suit against the pencil manufacter? To me its the same principal.... You play with fire you get burned..... that is not JP's fault....JMO

I don't really get your analogy at all...I can't say with 100% certainty who's at fault, but I do feel strongly that JetPilot should do more to make users aware of the risks they take when wearing their non USCGA vests.

I seem to remember checking JP's site a while after this all happened and they did update the description of some of their comp vests to have a note about the risks of wearing the vest. Today I went on their site and looked up the same vest and it's not there any more. It just saddens me a little because I thought I had somehow made a difference but now they took 2 steps back from where they were 5-6 years ago.

So yeah, 6 years have passed. I hope some people have read this thread and have been at least made aware of the risks of wearing these vests and thought about the consequences if something bad were to ever happen. I'm still a very broken man because of all of this and it still hurts me deeply to think about my brother and the day he passed. Please think about your family and the pain that can be caused if you lose your life.
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a vest and made sure it was not a comp just from this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: