Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakesurfing Rule in Iowa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakessories
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Wakesurfing Rule in Iowa Reply with quote

Although I don't recommend this, it's true! You can actually start wakesurfing, once you let go of the rope you can legally take your life jack off and surf without it!!! The Iowa rule is you MUST have a life jacket on while be PULLED by the boat! Once you are no longer being pulled by the boat, LEGALLY you are not required to have a life jacket on.
jhilly8982
Addict
Addict

City: Northville

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless you've got a side swipe exhaust i still think it is a good idea just in case you happen to pass out due to the CO2
albinoblacksheep
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakessories, where do you ride at? i'm from iowa too
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the point where we start wake surfing I usually had one too many beers for me not to wear my life jacket.
wakessories
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Ride location Reply with quote

I ride mainly in the evenings or the mornings in Waterloo/Cedar Falls at Brinker Lake. (George Wyth State Park). The lake is also known as East Lake! It's small but when no one is out there in the evenings and mornings, it's big enough and close enough to get the job done!

albinoblacksheep, where are you from? I believe the local news channel KWWL is going to be doing a story on wakesurfing, and guess who they've chosen! Smile If you surf at all let me know and maybe we can get you out there with us. Right now I'm the only one that rides out of all my friends, it's nice to have boat drivers! Smile
albinoblacksheep
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride at lake panorama (about 45 minutes west of des moines). oh really, i love surfing. what all can you do? i can do a 360 and carve and that kind of stuff.thats pretty sweet that you have a news channel coming to interview/watch you surf.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same is true for riding after dark. If you could paddle into the wave you could do it at any hour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: