Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

super trips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatnamealreadyinuse

City: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: super trips? Reply with quote

can anyone give me their opinions on the balance, the team and the subjekt (the guy at the store called them super trips)

i've narrowed my choice down to these, currently leaning towards the balance

and before you tell me to demo them - i plan too!

thanks
gking
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lima, Peru

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Team is the Super trip and has as much pop as the Subject.

I have ridden the Trip and the Team is the next generation in speed. It is a light and fast board. It turns very quickly and have to put pressure on the tail to lock its track when edging. WIth the new speed, hiting the wake is an all new feeling. It has a diagonal pop that pushes you forward and up, which has made me gain a little more of air time to multiply my grabs.

In General I am very happy with the Team board.

The Balance is board I was debating on getting but finally went for the Team. The balance has multiple channels twowards the tips and the 6 fin config allows you to customize you riding stye. It is also a very forgiving board.

Cheers,

WakeMeUp
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sherbrooke, Qc

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... so I assume you've riden the trip if you're looking for a super trip... I'll be analysing each one in comparison to the trip...

the subjekt is like riding a trip without the center fin and with cupped fins on the outside... what I used to ride... is has slightly more rocker but no big difference... more hook when on edge because of the cupped fins but looser when flat... but pretty much the same speed and pop...

the balance is a the subjekt but with more edge hold and not as loose... can be ridden with or without the center fin witch makes for more possibilities...

and the team is like a trip... but better... pretty much the same qualities but at a higher level...
Benz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Team and love it. It has held up pretty strong coming from the same idea as the trip. I put Shapiro fins on it and it holds a great edge. Personally think that you should get it and if you hit sliders, the board is awesome.
JJ Bauman
Criminal
Criminal

City: Beaver Lake, Arkansas

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an opportunity to ride the team trip, I rode the 139, it was stable and smooth off the wake, but after my first set of riding I got in the boat and there was a huge crack in the bottom. This was about 30 minutes after taking it out of the wrapper. Anyone else had this problem yet?
seedickride
Criminal
Criminal

City: Munich, ND

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Team and Subjekt will have similar amount of pop, but the Subjekt will pop more straight up while the Team will pop up and out toward the flats. The Balance will also pop more vertically. This is due to the 3 stage rocker on the Subjekt and Balance, which usually tends to buck you vertically off the wake. The Balance has a subtle 3 stage. The Subjekt's rocker is a little more aggressive. I haven't had a chance to ride the Team myself, yet, but one of our team riders who rode the Subjekt last summer has. According to him, the pop is pretty equal between the two, and they're both really aggressive on edge. My impression of the Balance is that it's just a bit more laid back, and not quite as aggressive.
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
thatnamealreadyinuse

City: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks people
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the "Team" replace the "Helix" from last year?
seedickride
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Team is considered to be a souped up Trip. It has a similar 6 fin configuration using the new cupped side fins instead of the canted side fins that are on the Trip. The Team also has broadened out tips and increased rocker for more pop off the wake. The Helix has been renamed the Fusion for 2003, and the Substance is the updated version of that board with more aggressive molded fins/channels and more aggressive rocker pattern for substantail pop off the wake.
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there riding a Subjekt? Care to compare it to a Helix?

I currently have an '01 Helix 139 and a '02 Byerly 142 (dna), but am not sure I am in love with either and am curious as to the thoughts on the Subjekt. My roommate has an '02 Evolution and I like the "slickness" of that board too.

FYI - I am a decent beginner...w2w both ways, with grabs, fairly comfortable fakie....goals for next summer are to be fully comfortable fakie and have a couple inverts in my trick bag.
seedickride
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Subjekt is a little looser when flat than the Helix. But, on edge, it's definitely more aggressive with it's tracking and will be faster to the wake. If you want a more laid back feel, the Helix (Fusion) is the way to go. If you want a more aggressive board that's loose when off edge, then the Subjekt is your best bet.
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: