Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Windows XP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttafly
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Windows XP Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out if you can download or purchase and download MS Word for windowsXp from Microsoft?? I do not have it on this laptop and can not figure out why?? Does anyone know??

Please help..

B
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Steelerguy
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative...... You will not have WORD unless you buy Office XP or 97... You do hower ever have a dumbed down version of word called works.. It sucks....

1. find a buddy who has Office... or
2. look on kazza or bearshare or similare file sharing sites and get a pirated copy.

Did you really think Bill gates and Micro$oft were gonna just give it to you for free.... Office suit is like 200-300 beans.... hes not the richest man for nothing.....

good luck
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a legal version of office xp it will only work on one computer because when it does the online registraition is registers it self to that computer to prevent pirating, however I know there is a version out there which bypasses the online registraition. This version though will soon be screwed over with the Service Pack 2 is release because it will not allow pirated versions to go to the windows update website to download new updates/drivers so basically your windows xp would be somewhat out of date to newer software/hardware which comes out. Although im sure that version will be cracked as well no telling how long it will take.

Im sure you could find both the cracked windows xp and office xp programs on a Peer 2 Peer program such as KaZaa, WinMX, Direct Connect etc. If you're going to a university or college right now check out their prices as well. I know at the University of Minnesota people can pick up a copy of Windows XP Professional for $10.

As for what Steelerguy said you can buy Word seperate from the Office package, but im not exaclty sure how much it costs.
buttafly
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I did not think it was free.. I have a version of Office but I am not sure which it is.. It is 98 I think or was there a 2000.. Could you use one of those??

No I did not think it was free, nothing in this world is free, there is always a price and if it doesn't have a tag it can be bought....

I will dig out my disk and see which one I have..

B
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Romi
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mission Viejo, Ca

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bfly

Any version of Word will work on Windows XP. Sounds like you might have it somewhere, but if it was on that laptop the shortcut may have been deleted.

Open Windows Explorer
Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\winword.exe

Thats were the program is typically located.
*chris*
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it should be on one of those office discs u have. i cant believe u didnt get word on your laptop.....thats just stupid. whered u get it??
buttafly
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me check it out Thanks Romi..

Its an HP laptop.. I don't know why there is no word..

B
*chris*
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....and everyone says HP/compaq r starting to get better...hahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: