Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

work out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: work out Reply with quote

Hey girls!
Any good workout plans? I really want to be ready for this season, cuz I really want the backroll this year!!
Any advice on good exercises, weight workouts, anything?
Thanks!!!
ripperchick
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do yoga classes to stay flexible and keep my core strong, but thats about it, besides from running.
criswb
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Guayaquil

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to wakeworld.com look in the articles section for the wakeboarding workout. I do that plus running.
http://www.myspace.com/cristiamador
Regina

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks!!! I'll have to add some of that to my running!
cletis
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Oshawa, Ont.

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i could throwsome pointers out there. I have a degree in kinesiology and am now becoming an athletic trainer/therapist, so i'm not some quack. For wakeboarding i sugest lots of core exercises. Strong core equals good control in the air. Also look into plyometrics. Most wakeboard moves require power and speed. Plyometrics will really help improve those area's. Start small and build up. Try incorporate sport specific exercises into you work out 1-2 times per week. You also want to work on your total body flexability, the less restricted you are the less strains you will get. If your body is use to going through it's full range your muscles won't freak out when you get stretched out. Most strains are caused by a forcefull contraction. My suggestion, do a flexability routine 4 days per week at the end of your workout. Still warm up before hand though. As for aerobic and muscle training do that 2-4 times per week and for plyometrics do them two days a week. That gives you 4-6 days of activity each week that will improve your over all fitness. You can also alternate plans every two weeks. So 2 weeks of aerobic fitness and then two weeks of plyometrics. The one thing with plyometrics is that each set you start you should always start small and move up to bigger stuff. the key is to be always changing you plans, you change your plans you muscles will always have to adapt, you will never platue. I personally do mon(upper body and light cardio), tues(lower body and light cardio), wed (extended cardio day followed by extended flexability), thur(off), fri(plyometrics focusing on core), sat(plyometrics, sport specific), sun (off) and every day i work out i do a flexability routine. Hope this helps. One thing to always remember, do all exercise in a controlled manor, with good form, if you can't do it with good form then your not ready to do it.
waverider

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go the Yoga/Pilates route as well and if you can swing some Balllet Barre workouts if you can find them in your area, the are GReAT! they work out muscles you never knew you HAD, especially in connecting the back of the legs to the lower and mid back. Aside from the weighloss benefits of cardio, I think that is the best.

www.sportskool.com
cadence_131
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Miami

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... i never thought of needing extra excercise for wakeboarding lol. Just trampoline stuff. I need to start doing yoga more.
ripperchick
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I went wakeboarding last weekend for the first time in perhaps 6 months, holy crap are my muscles sore! they felt weak while boarding too! I just printed out the weight work out from wakeworld, and cant wait to start that! Never thought about lifting weights for wakeboarding, but now I am convinced!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: