Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Spotting the landing!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alteczen
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Spotting the landing!!!! Reply with quote

I'm looking for some tips from people on spotting the landing and "seeing" while trying inverts. I have a backroll, roll to revert, and scarecrow to the point of landing but I keep slipping out on all of them once I land. If anyone could provide some tips on how to "see" your landing when upside down / rotating I would appreciate it. Is looking at the boat while flipping a good idea? Thanks...
wakeboarder
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont look at the boat, that will mess you up. i dont really know about how to spot your landing, but trying them and spoting your landin on a tramoline might help
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep your eyes open, alot of people have a problem with that
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 28, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm yeah definitely don't close your eyes.

Spotting the landing helps you to complete the rotation because your body ends up wherever your head is looking. Like a backroll, you release straight up and initiate the rotation by looking over your front shoulder- well if you stargaze, your rotation slows down and you come up short. If you look for your landing, your body will naturally follow all the way around. Tantrum, same way, you have little chance of completing the rotation if you don't see your landing and follow it down.

Just try to slow things down and focus, inverts happen pretty quick and its easy to get disoriented when learning them so its important to know whats going on throughout the whole trick. I break my backroll down into three thoughts, this is what goes through my head- release high, look for the landing, come down easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: