Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Where not to go for lessons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Boca Raton

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Where not to go for lessons Reply with quote

I recently moved to South Florida and since I sold my boat I decided to begin kite boarding. After looking online and calling schools in the area and no one calling back. I finally managed to get a "good deal".
Free lessons with purchase of gear --- sounds good.

I purchased the gear, I'm excited this person all of a sudden is hard to reach until I left a message letting him know how I felt. He calls back with some lame as excuse.

First day he brakes out the training kite and he literally just hands to me. Ive never handled a kite like this in my life so this thing is going all over the place and I steer it and he responds is not a car. Well thanks for heads the up.,

To make a long story short he's "training" like 3 persons at the same time.
Not a clinic just different person on different topics.
He's all over the place and his instructions are given so fast that there is only room for questions which he gets an attitude answering.

I may have lost a few dollars but he lost a lot of business because between me and my friends we're probably about 12 persons and not to mention word of mouth.

To wrap this up I have spoken with about 5 persons who had the same experience so is not an isolated incident.

Now I'm gonna begin lessons with a Pro. Soon I will have my own website telling everyone my experience with Graham Goodwin.

http://www.southfloridakitesurfing.com/

coming soon www.southfloridasurfingsucks.com

Unfortunetly this person is sales driven and customer driven.
My advice ask for testimonials and if possible speak to them.

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcat, THAT SUCKS

My bro lives in Deerfield, he shapes kiteboards and rides on a daily basis. He has been in it for a long time. If you are looking for a person still, pm me and I will get you guys connected.

He would get you started without charging you. He just gets stoked turning new people onto the sport.

stompin7s
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: venice/ tallahassee

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a free lesson i dont blame him.
kiting is super dangerous if u dont know what ur doing...get lessons or u will die

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the sucky experience. Kiteboarding is the sickest sport you will ever do, but the begining is kinda boring and tedious. All the lesson should really do is teach you how to not kill yourself, and teach you how to rescue yourself if you mess something up. You can get that in one day, so spend the money and get it done by someone who is really good. The rest is ultimately trial and error, like wakeboarding. The upfront cost seems kinda steep, paying $200 for a day lesson or whatever it is. But when you factor in the fact that you dont need any boat gas to go ride, it quickly pays for itself and then some!

Then just get on the water with the local riders and soak up all the free info and help that all kiteboarders gladly offer. You will be ripping in no time!

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
kitejunky1

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude email me and i will give you your first lesson for free andy kitejunky1@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: