Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

NFL 2007-2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcap
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Homeless

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad wrote:
What does everyone think about the Favre situation?

My 11 year old has worshiped Farve since he was 4 years old. He always picks the Packers in Madden. Whenever he makes his dream team, Farve is the QB. He cried the day his retirement was announced. I told him that meant he couldn't pick Farve in Madden ever again. He cried harder.

On Sunday he said, "I don't know if I like Farve anymore!" Shocked I asked why. He said, "He told everyone he was going to retire again and now he says he might not. He should do what he said."

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smart kid.
Swass

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bob Papa, the radio play-by-play voice of the New York Giants for the past 13 seasons, will replace Bryant Gumbel as the announcer for the NFL Network's eight Thursday night games."

Oh, happy day! Maybe there is a god.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about Favre being a bad guy for wanting to come back confuses me... What is wrong with a guy wanting to go to work? he can obviously still play?

He was forced to make a decision before he was ready....he changed his mind.... People be so invested in someone retiring and staying retired is boggling at best.

The Packers GM is an asshat anyway.... If nothing else, I enjoy the position it has put him in. I don't think he has wanted Favre back the past 2 years........
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's held that franchise hostage the last 3 summers. no regard to "the good of the team."

that waffling cost the packers a 1st round qb that still hasn't seen the field for 4 total games going into his 3rd year. if favre had committed to playing back then, the packers could have gone a different direction in that draft and maybe the packers would have had better teams the last 2 years.

when rodgers was drafted he said he wouldn't help teach the kid how to play in the nfl. not his job he said. nice. good team player there brett.

accusing the packers of lying to him? c'mon.

prima donna drama queen.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre=Chicago=ratings=money=pro sports.

I see him in Chicago.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never happen
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre doesn't owe the Packers chit.....

I have said it before and I will say it again, the NFL is business....it is not college. The Pack would dump him tomorrow if it suited their needs. He doesn't owe them any more than he has given them.

If he wants to take his time in the off season, do it.... He earned it....if he hadn't, they would ship him off like yesterdays newspaper.

Rah...rah...go team bullchit. He took them to the NFC Championship game...that is rah rah enough for me.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you asked ej...i just answered.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cover of the trib had this pic today

WOW

Favrebear.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  27.7 KB
 Viewed:  9350 Time(s)

Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody watch Colt Brennan from Hawaii rip it up last night against the colts. He looked really damn good for his first NFL game...be it against 3rd stringers....but even 3rd stringers are better then what he played against at UH. He was freaking money on his throws.

Redskins QB Colt Brennan completes 9 of 10 passes for 123-yds and 2 TD vs. the Colts. He had a QB rating of 157.5.

Some highlights:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809b832b
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colt was impressive. mike hart looked good too from what i saw. i'm glad we got him.
eich82
Addict
Addict

City: MTP

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brennan looked good. I thought he was a great pick for a 6th rounder. Not risking much if he's a flop, but you could end up with a guy like Tom Brady. Personally I'd never waste a first rounder on a QB because it's too much of a crapshoot. For every Peyton Manning, there's 25 Ryan Leafs and Akili Smiths.

Also I think one of the knocks on Brennan is that he played at a non-BCS school. I think that's such a stupid thought process. It's true that the majority of defenses he faced had lesser talent than BCS schools, but there are two sides to that coin. It also means that he was surrounded by lesser talent at WR, RB, and was playing behind a terrible line.

BTW the most exciting QB in college football is at a non-BCS school for the next two years. If you get a chance to watch a Central Michigan game it will be well worth your time. Dan LeFevour is a talent and he's been very fun to watch the last two years. His game may not translate to the NFL well, but he's one hell of a college QB.
matt1808
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eich82, his biggest knock was the system he played in. horrible mechanics and competition were 2a and 2b. Then there was also his size and character concerns.

In other words, he had a lot going against him for a team to invest a lot in him. With that said I have been on his bandwagon for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51

Add To Favorites

Jump to: