Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

NFL 2007-2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's true, although it was a relatively weak WR draft this year. Lots of the top in the class still available late in the 2nd. You might be right on that one. Although 'tellus will play the TE he could be involved in the passing game plenty. A 2 TE set with receiving threats of Witten and Bennett is pretty threatening for the pass defense. Although Bennett is not near WR speed, there are not many 6'7 WRs that can come down with the ball in a crowd like he can. The 2 TE set also gives you better run blocking to get Barber more effective carries. So I can understand the trade off. I'm excited to see how it works out.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree there. on that note, jerrah stockpiled a ton of picks in next years draft and the rumor is he's going after anquan boldin for this year. now THAT would be AWESOME!
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to a press conference with Jerry and he actually mentioned this specifically. He said they were looking for a receiver that they could put on the field next year and take some pressure off TO. They said the candidates weren't looking good in that regard. He also said this was a very deep draft for corner and a very weak draft for WR which is why they went that route. He didn't have as much of an explanation for taking Felix over Mendenhall.

I heard about the Boldin rumors last week but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen now. With all of the WRs up for grabs this year I have a feeling we'll come down with one of them. (Boldin, Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams).

How nice is it to have an owner that is willing to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field? I know a lot of people didn't like the way he handled the Tom Landry situation but I couldn't ask for a better guy at the helm.

Swass

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric Benson got busted for BUI on Lake Travis over the weekend.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. buddy of mine was on the boat. random stop and ced was drunk, then resisted arrest.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
yeah. buddy of mine was on the boat. random stop and ced was drunk, then resisted arrest.

The DUI wasn't enough of a charge for Ced? Laughing

They are talking about it on FSR right now...

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess not. i know him and he's a total ass when drinking. he's tried to fight me, or at least talk shlt like he was going to fight me a couple of times before, but then is cool the next time i see him. he was in rare form on thursday night too.
eich82
Addict
Addict

City: MTP

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well judging by the buzz here in Chicago, Benson's days are numbered. The guy has been a total bust and the only reason he's stuck around this long is because the franchise was in denial that they wasted such a high draft pick on him. They should have never got rid of Jones. Hell AP is a better all-around back than Benson. I also love how he's trying to claim he was innocent and it's a case of police brutality. Not only can he not hold on to a football, but he's a delusional liar as well. Good riddance I say...
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eich82 wrote:
They should have never got rid of Jones.

jones averaged exactly 7 inches more per carry than ced over their respective 3 years in chi.

not to say ced hasn't sucked, because he has, but the bears fan contention that jones was head and shoulders above ced is ridiculous. i agree he needs to move on.
eich82
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
eich82 wrote:
They should have never got rid of Jones.

jones averaged exactly 7 inches more per carry than ced over their respective 3 years in chi.

not to say ced hasn't sucked, because he has, but the bears fan contention that jones was head and shoulders above ced is ridiculous. i agree he needs to move on.

I'm not a bears fan really, but I do have a couple of friends who play for them. I'm also a consultant in Chicago, so even though I live in Michigan I'm in Chicago quite a bit and therefore have to deal with the media coverage. I don't think that TJ was the long term answer, I just think it's pretty dumb to get rid of a guy who was a solid back because you have a guy behind him that you spent a first round pick on, even though that guy hasn't shown he can be an effective and reliable back.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

money talks. you can't spend that kind of money and have him sit on the bench. if jones had shown anything before ced got there, the bears wouldn't have reached on ced.
eich82
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 05, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the money issue believe me, but you also have to think about why they spent that money on a him or any other player for that matter. Why do they do it? Because they're trying to win football games. If I'm trying to win football games I'm putting the best player I have on the field, whether he's making league minimum or 10M a year. You don't organize your depth chart based on a guys salary or draft pick. I understand why they did it, I just don't think it's the correct way to make your personnel decisions.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT - what is the story with the girl having her dad call 911?
Also, if he was in Devil's all day, he was drunk.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's always drunk, and he's a bad drunk.

the story is she called her dad and told him to call 911 and report the cops beating up a black guy...not exactly unusual for austin cops the last 10 or 15 years. other than that, i have no inside info.

goofy - aren't you on shaggybevo? if you aren't, you need to be. there's a 4 page thread on there about the incident.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't, but i will be now. thanks!
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martellus Bennett interview - talking about his super powers. Laughing Laughing

http://query-origin.andohs.net/8000A6/content-root3.andomedia.com/origin/mp3/stations/1138/mosley/source/mosley080507a.mp3

wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't know my wingspan, but I believe I can fly."

"I've got x-ray vision."

"I can teleport too."

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it too early to start saying 'go pats'?!?! Smile
actiondcpd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs, Yes.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=9df7478a-0cd0-4983-ab24-724ccfd0a644

So he not only sucks at football, but he can't sing either... Rolling Eyes
Swass

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs wrote:
is it too early to start saying 'go pats'?!?! Smile

Any time is too early for that.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swass - If I intern with them in the fall, you're going to be real sick of it Smile
Swass

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaarrrrgh! Twisted Evil

Is there an opening in the video department? Laughing
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! You're hysterical.... Evil or Very Mad

Got my fingers crossed to get that one or ESPN. My grades this semester went down which didn't help my GPA. Hopefully they'll call me in for an interview
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow i don't think your grades are going to matter too much. your cleavage on the other hand...
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence the reason why I am hoping for an interview....
Swass

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing is believing.
ChrisG
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brentwood, CA

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NORFOLK, Va. -- Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been charged with driving under the influence and eluding police.

Police said a uniformed bicycle patrol officer observed Vick and a female involved in an altercation in the car early Friday. When the officer asked for a driver's license, police say Vick sped away but was stopped minutes later.

Vick failed a field sobriety test and was charged with DUI, misdemeanor eluding police, reckless driving and driving on a suspended license. The passenger, Delicia Cordon of Miami, Fla., was charged with being drunk in public.

Vick was released by the Miami Dolphins in 2007. He is the brother of former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

WTF??? Confused Confused
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police: Former Chargers safety Terrence Kiel dies
Published: 7/5/08, 7:05 AM EDT

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Former Chargers safety Terrence Kiel was killed after he was thrown from a Chevy sedan he was driving, police said Saturday.

Kiel, 27, was driving alone after leaving a party at about 10:15 Friday night when he hit a wall in San Diego's upscale Scripps Ranch neighborhood and was thrown from the car, police Sgt. Alan Hayward said.

Kiel was barely breathing when paramedics reached him and he died about an hour later, Hayward said.

Friends had tried to keep Kiel from driving home from the party, Hayward said, and witnesses told police he appeared to be driving in the wrong direction when he crashed.

Police would not know whether Kiel had been under the influence of drugs or alcohol until toxicology tests were performed, Hayward said.

A second-round draft pick out of Texas A&M in 2003, Kiel played four years in the NFL from 2003-2006, all with the Chargers.

In February 2007 he pleaded guilty to felony and misdemeanor drug charges for shipping prescription cough syrup to Texas, the most significant of several scrapes with the law.

He was released by the team after his plea.

Kiel had been led off the practice field and arrested in the locker room by Drug Enforcement Administration agents in September 2006, suspected of shipping at least two parcels of prescription cough syrup, apparently to be mixed with soft drinks to make a concoction known as "lean."

The felony charges were later dropped after he completed community service, and he was serving three years probation for the misdemeanor charges.
Prizzy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre...No!!!!
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre has ask for his release.... Matt Jones is cutting lines in his car.....

Happy July NFL.....
J-Ro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Rocklin

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J., And hope reigns eternal in Broncoland only to be destroyed in Dec.

Read My Blog

RIP Leggester
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pics of jerryworld:

Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like Farve is going to be playing anywhere else but GB if decides to un-retire. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Packers GM, coach say no to Favre's release
July 12, 2008 3:20 PM EDT
GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for his release. If he does rejoin the team, they told The Associated Press, it won't be as the starting quarterback.

And Favre is unlikely to accept a backup role, GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged Saturday in their first public comments since the 38-year-old Favre demanded his release this week.

A trade may be the best resolution, but Thompson and McCarthy declined to discuss that possibility. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries from other teams as of Saturday morning.

"We've communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward," Thompson said. "At the same time, we've never said that there couldn't be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play."

When asked whether that role might be as a backup or coach, Thompson said: "not a coach."

Added McCarthy: "He did ask about that, though."

Favre, who led the Packers to a Super Bowl title after the 1996 season, held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6. The Packers planned to begin the season with Aaron Rodgers as the starting quarterback.

McCarthy said he and Thompson were in constant communication with Favre throughout the offseason.

"Quite frankly, it's a little gut-wrenching as an organization to go through it, and certainly for Mike and myself," Thompson said. "This stuff hurts a lot of people. I mean, it hurts. I'm not talking about physically hurting, but the sensitivity. We understand where the fans are coming from. This is a hot-button issue that surpasses anything I've ever gone through."

Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think about the Favre situation?

I really hope the Packers hold him to his contract. If he wants to come back he can hold a clipboard. He made the right decision by retiring and it would be a horrible decision to play another year or 2 with another team, especially a rival in the division. It would really hurt his legacy and GB fans.

I remember hearing an interview talking about his retirement that made complete sense. He said something to the effect of:

"The only way it would be worth it to come back next year is if we were to improve on the season we had this year. That would mean we would need to make it to the Super Bowl to be a success. But to get to the Super Bowl and then lose would almost be worse than not getting there. So the only way the season would be a success in my mind is if we won the Super Bowl. And the odds of that are just so slim that it didn't make sense to come back."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Add To Favorites

Jump to: