Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

F the boat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff206
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: F the boat Reply with quote

I've been thinking about getting into kiteboarding lately. I took a couple hours of begginers lessons a few years ago in Australia and had a blast.

What are some recommended forums that are out there? Also I've been looking on craigslist and ebay for some used kites lately, anything to look out for? Should I definitely be getting 4 line kites?

I just grautated from college and was planning forever to buy a boat. I love wakeboarding but not enough to justify that purchase at this point in my life. So kiteboarding seems like a good compromise, and I can use my parents I/O or go with friends when I really get the itch to WB.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kite have really advanced in the last few years. Generally kites with the highest performance were the most unstable and least safe. When they would make really safe kites (4 line)they were dogs. however currently I dont know of a company that makes 2 liners anymore. The 4 liners have surpassed the 2 liners in safety and performance. Now they have taken a step further and made SLE "bow" type kites. Ultimate safety, but at kinda lacked in the performance dept. Now the SLE kites perform very well and have 100% depower.

Check out www.bestkiteboarding.com That is Shannon Bests kiteboarding company. They have all the latest kites both standard and SLE style, for the lowest price anywhere. They also have a used section where you can pick up their team riders old kites really cheap (some never even flown).

Look at www.kiteforum.com for info.

Look at www.ikitesurf.com for used gear in the classifieds.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Jeff206
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, thanks for the info. I found Best a while ago and will definitely be looking into there stuff when I end up buying something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: