Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

WTB: Used snowboard boots/bindings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFADAM
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New York City

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: WTB: Used snowboard boots/bindings Reply with quote

I just got a snowboard (Burton Bullet 159) for xmas and now I need boots and bindings. Im a little tight on money so I thought Id get one of the two used. Which one of the two should I do? For the boots I want to spend no more than 100. The bindings maybe a little more. I want Burton too...Im a size 13 boot. Any recommendations or offers? Thanks
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, reccomendation, spend more on boots than bindings. Boots are your most important piece of equipment. Also think beyond Burton, you'll find more items available.

Steep and Cheap has some Solomon SPX Pro Bindings for $106 right now (retail $220)

Check out Se7en's post he has some good stuff.

LFADAM

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jryoung, just checked Se7ens post but its all size 9-11. Need a 13.

I dont have any experience with Solomon, are those some good bindings? Could you link me? Might be a stupid Q but might as well ask, are all bindings and boots compatable? What about boards and bindings? (ex. mixing Solomon bindings with a Burton board)

Thanks
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, generally bindings and boots are, I'd say about 95% of the time they are. There are a few rare exceptions where a binding may be too slim coupled with a bulky boot. But, I would say this is very rare.

As far as bindings and boards, yes they are. However, burton uses a 3d system for inserts where everyone else uses a 4x4 pattern. Most likely when buying bindings they will come with a 3d insert, and now most binding companies have created a single insert patter to fit all board (they'll have like 12 holes in a single disc).

http://www.steepandcheap.com/steepcheap/index.html?CMP=OTC%2dRSS&mv_pc=r104&ATT=DesktopAlert

LFADAM

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung, hm well they look good...as long as they are compatible with my board then I think Ill go ahead and buy them. Can you confirm that?
JohnD
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't buy used boots - they're stretched to someone else's foot.

I've found great deals on eBay. There are a lot of board shops selling last years models.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=snowboard+boots+13&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=92129&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=snowboard+bindings&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=92129&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

~J.
LFADAM

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time since this post. I ended up getting the red burton customs and the black freestyle bindings. I got a friend who hooked me up on the price so it was just easier buying new and the price was doable. Ive been riding a lot lately and so far I love the set up. Kinda clunky on the park but not too bad, but the thing is a tank. I can bomb down the trails faster than ever since its a bigger board and it just runs over any little bumps in the snow. Havent done much pow but what I have done its done well too. The boots are really warm, I can wear normal athletic socks and my feet are warm enough all day in 20 degree weather. The bindings are nice too but I wish the ratchet straps were longer because even after adjustment they barely reach and only ratchet like 3 clicks. (I think the size 13 is to blame)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: