Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

1 Wake and 2 Wake Jump/Ollie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eugeneka
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 22, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: 1 Wake and 2 Wake Jump/Ollie Reply with quote

I need a few tips from you experts... I have watched DETENTION and HIGHER EDUCATION many times but still failed to get enough pop to cross two wakes and keep my body straight. When you enter the wake with your edge, do you have to consciously stand up and keep your body straight or does it automatically pops you up. I tend to bend my body a lot which makes my form a rather unpleasant sight.

Also, I have trouble doing ollie or ollie 180 inside the wake... any tip... I can't seem to jump up (get air time) by bending at the knees.

Finally, my friend is teaching me the mechanics of 360 by asking me to slow the boat down to do surface 360... does it help that way? I see no point in doing surface 360 cos you seldom slow the boat down?
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: May 22, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all you dont want an aggresive cut, just a progressive edge bend at the knees not at the waist and at the peak of the wake just push off.And when you land just keep cutting away dont stop your cut this will throw you off balance. Im no pro but i think doing ollie 180's in the flats is a little easier try to do them with a little bit of cut and just bend your knees and push up if you hang on with your back hand the rope will pull you around. And as for your surface 360's they dont teach you much i think its easier doing 360's in the air personally but its all personal preferance if it helps you then i dont see no reason why you shouldnt do one. Hope it all helps
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 23, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing the surface 360 will teach you is the handle pass, that is important but for a real 360 most people need to learn when to pull of the wake not when to pass...

The legs should be extended at the wake not necessarily locked out tight but extended and firm. I tell people this when I see them working hard for a simple W2W jump... Let the wake do the work! if you load the line right and hold a progressive edge into it while standing tall at the wake you should get some height for sure. Clearing the second wake now comes with the line load and speed generated by that... if you let off your edge at the wake you lose all that line load and case the wake.

One more TIP watch Higher Education again, you really missed something cuz they don't explain progressive edge any better any place else. good DVD.

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
J_DOGG

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 23, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, can I get my post count back to 420 and have it stay that way fo ever????

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: