Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ski centurion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superlift97

City: West Point

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: ski centurion Reply with quote

what do you people think about the ski centurion wake, is a good boat for wakeboarding, comes with standard ballast and cruise control just want to hear some thoughts. have not ever rode behind one: what about the quality of the boats also, heard that the quality might not be as good as your correct craft or mastercraft

Last edited by superlift97 on Jan 21, 2003 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an 03 hurricane with 3 tank ballast and i think the wake is near tournament quality. The avalanche's wake sends you a bit more airborne. The Avalanche no doubt puts out a tournament wake. Both boats bust through the chop without any worries. Built solid as a rock. IMO Can't go wrong.

Kris
bullzeke69
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lake Lewisville, Ceder Creek, Or anything close to Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the 2000 Elite V- drive and with giving it some wieght besides the factory ballast of only #400, we where able a really good wake. I have not ridden behind to many other makers but really happy with what I get. I never going to get in to the pros, but happy with what I got and still having fun thats what counts for me, with the V-Drive we all get to sit close and you do not have yell from the back of the boat like a D- Drive.
superlift97

City: West Point

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: quality of ski centurion Reply with quote

what about the quality of the boat, they are cheaper than correct craft and mastercraft. so what about the quality,
kstateskier
Criminal
Criminal

City: Manhattan, KS

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality is top notch, the ICS construction and reverse shoebox make a very strong boat. 95% of the manufacturers out there cost less than CC and MC, that doesn't mean they don't make quality products.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quality is great. Price doesn't always mean great quality. IMO this boat is built just as solid. Handles chop better than any of the nauty's and givesn a smooth ride. Centurions gauges aren't as fancy and you don't get an electronic ignition option but it has everything the top manufacturers have. Same products inside engine and component wise as other competitors. just not the inflated price.

Kris
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r3612-
Do you have pic of your new boat? Was it one of the ones at the boat show?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it this one, by chance?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ryan W
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Ontario,Canada

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurions here in Canada cost like $90,000 Cnd.Thats about as much as a Nauti.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAW,

We ordered it we didn't take one off the showroom floor, they were already sold other wise we would have It worked out better for us that way anyways. We actually were able to get grey with a black crayola graphic. That was the other halfs (fiance) top choice. We have changed the color because we were able to get the upgraded gelcoat graphic since we are going to be one of the first boats in the area of the dealer It wil be stored 5 min from them. We will be riding up that way this summer more frequently so they want the boat to look really cool so they gave us some different color options to play with. It took a while but we decided to go with the grey after all was said and done. We're more than happy just waiting to get the boat sucks!! It's like its here but it's not. I just wish I could stare at it and goof around in it. You know how it is I'm sure. Like a kid on Christmas morning. I'm going nuts. I just want to take some pics of it to ease the tension.

Kris
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullzeke,

Were is you weight placement and how much extra beside the 400 do you ride with? The three tank system that I got totals 650 if I'm not mistaking The boat I rode behind last year only had an extra 250 in the nose plus the three tank ballast and it was kickin. Very smooth and easy to fine tune the white wash with the wakeplate. How do you compare it to the other bopats out there that you've been behind?

Not to many peeps on the board have comments on these boats. I know they are very new to my area and there is only a total of 2 dealers in IL. You just never hear any talk about them which I guess is good cause noone is ripping them right? (I wouldn't care anyways cause I like the boat personally and that's what matters most to me). People can say the big three are the best but i hear prob with those boats too Its the luck of the draw I guess. I saw only one post that was neg about Centurion and that was because of customer service, but if I recall correctly that was with their dealer more so than Centurion itself.

Kris
Delta_glass
Criminal
Criminal

City: Pleasanton and Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode in a 03' Brett Eisenhauer Pro Model Avalanche back in November. The wake was pretty clean, little whitewash but not that bad, wasn't huge but was very solid. The boat handled very poorly when weighted (front ballast, 500lb sack on floor and 11 people) Yes that is a lot of weight but I have been in other boats that handle is much better. This was a brand new boat and the rear ballast did not work. When accelerating the boat was very noisy and vibrated. The boat however was very sharp looking, it had the X Eisenhauer graphics and a reverse gelcoat(white ont top and black hull) the boat had the same tower as above. It wasn't the C4 layout, it has the walkthrough transom, which sucked for me because i sat on it. Confused

I am not biased and have nothing against Centurion, this was my experience with one of their boats.

-Evan
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a major prob with the prev avalanche that's why the changed the layout to the C4. Now the ballast is more even so the wake is a little cleaner.

Not sure about vibratiopn sounds mechnical though. As for ballast prob almost every boat manuf has some sort of prob with ballast throughout the years. Did you try filling the rear while it was moving usually that takes care of the prob for the most part I was told by several dealers.

I would definately agree that its not the most nimble boat on the water.

Kris
ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
kstateskier
Criminal
Criminal

City: Manhattan, KS

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion had issues with their previous pumps. We had an issue on our '02, mainly with the pump blowing the fuse. I think they changes pump companies for '03 and most of the problems should be resolved.
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan,

$90,000 CAD is WAY too much...Our local natique dealerships sells centurions as well, in the same showroom!. I hope you wouldn't pay that much for one, I've seen them for $35,000 to about $55,000 CAD. We debated buying one but ended up with a Moomba.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bullzeke69
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r3612
Sorry in taking so long on getting back to you but on weight that we use goes like this one #550+ sac on the bow--#400 ballast --two #250+ sac and #200 of sand in the engine compartment. We did put another sac in the walk threw one time may have been about #250+, but usaully don't run with it. We get a really good size wake at about 21-22 mph did not mess with the wake plate much, had it all the way down will try some other thing this season after I get done healing up alittle.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think raising the wake plate a little would give you a little harde wake with a steeper lip. By raising the plate you allow the stern to sit lower in the water at you cruising speed Thus giving you the steeper lip. I've been able to test this theory on Tige and this has been the result. So I think it would be the same on the Centurion. Both boats I rode behind last year had the manual plate as well so we didn't mess with it much

Also that weight is pretty much what I'm going to be runin little less at first, Stock ballast two tanks in the rear and one in the center (650lbs) and 275 in the nose, Gonna see how this comes out and then will possibly add more. not too much more but may have too with only 3 peops in the boat.

Kris
bullzeke69
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Kris. With not riding behind anything other than my boat with an stationary trim, mostly have been behind ski boats weight down to the hilt. Will try out your thought, I've been thing totally the other directions.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem always like to help out. You never know when you;re going to need it. This board has helped me numerous times just want to give some back. You're alredy a step above me by having the boat a sumer or 2. I haven't even got mine out yet.

I hear the ski boat thing. I thought the same but I found out that my buddies tige wqke seemed to pop us more with less weight and the trim up. Cause at first we had it loaded to the gills. That was our mentallity. Don't get me wrong more weight is almost always better but you get to a point where it does more harm than good and some peops just don't get it IMO. Again it depends on the boat. My old 88 2001 needed weight as does my buddies bu but they don't have the tchnology to fine tune it. Alot of people down play the plate thing say it doesn't matter much, but I'm a big proponent from my experiences. sames alot of hassell by not heving to adjust the weight all the time depending on how many people are in the boat.

Kris

Kris
ross carter

City: jonestown, texas

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a 2001 elite bowrider and i just got an x-star. the centurion isnt built the best, wake it not aweosme, and the re-sale value cant touch a cc or mc
wakehype
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Fresno

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as that boat goes, I am sure the quality is top notch. I own a 1999 Centurion Elite D-Drive with the Air Warrior package (ballast, tower, graphics). The boat has an awsome interior, the gagues are NOT Centurion. As far as the engines go their boats, I haven't had any problems with my 350 MerCruiser. Most people hate on Centurion, and I have seen cases of people having conflicts with their dealer/manufacture, but.... We had bought the boat used with 60 hours on it, the dealer we bought it from wasnt sure about the ballast tanks, so we hit up Centurion/Fineline Industries in Merced CA and they invited us to bring our boat out to show us everything and throw it in the test lake. It was awsome, we drove up there, only 30-50 minutes from where I live depending on traffic, and the General Manager of Centurion assisted us with everything. Good company. Let me know what you decide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: