Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ts help GOIN BIG?????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
all2matt
Criminal
Criminal

City: coralville

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: ts help GOIN BIG????? Reply with quote

how many of you guys can actuallly clear the wake and/or land in the flats on ts jumps. I have boat weighted with 1000lbs and using 75 ft rope let me know what are your techniques for learning or doing.
Jeremy Coe
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Auckland

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, ts is all about commitment. Handle at the hips, stand tall, and lean away from the boat. the progressive cut is very important here. Begin slowly, and then stand tall but charge hard through the wake. It will feel weird at first, but then you will feel that when you hit the wake you should be put into a comfortable position in the air, and should easily make wake to wake.
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, bring your rope in to about 65' to learn toeside. Its much easier to work on your edging techniques, air position and landings if you aren't working hard to cross the wakes. Riding at 75' will not help your toeside if you are learning, it will only cause you to case the second wake and get hurt. Ok, that may be a horrible generalization, but you get the idea.
Next, tie a rope to a tree, grab the handle, get in position just like you would for toeside and lean against the tree, keeping your ankles in a 90* angle (or close to it) with your legs and your chest and shoulders up. Lean with your hips, not your chest, it doesn't do anything for you. Your hips should be over the toeside edge of your board, not perpendicular to your feet. Keep the handle at your front hip at all times and both hands on the handle. Now, tweak the position so that it feels just right and you are getting the most pull for the least energy. Once you find the "sweet spot" hold it for 30-45 mins or until your body cramps up. Very Happy (j/k) Just hold it long enough to remember what it feels like. Then straighten up and do it again, and again, until it becomes natural for you to go directly into that position, then when you are on the water, it is less trial and error to learn toeside.
Hope that helps some, if you have any questions feel free to email me. tiffany@glassandpowder.com
Later

Josh R
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you commit to the jump, REALLY commit. Hold your edge all the way in, and ride it up the wake. Don't flatten off just before the wake, just commit to riding up the wake and holding that nice consistant edge all the way. Stand tall, and prepare to get booted.
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can land TS jumps and spins into the flats.....trust me I'm not bragn'
I also hit the d-up from the TS edge also from time to time, killer hang time!

I actually feel I have better technique from the TS edge cuz I can't cheat as easy....(all sorts of things can go wrong from the HS edge like ,pushing of wake, changing edge, leaning over at the waist) just from taking everything on that side for granted....

A good TS wake jump can really open up the door for so many more ticks....

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
J_DOGG

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaning over at the waist, duh!! you know what I mean squatting too low and not edging into the wake....

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
all2matt
Criminal
Criminal

City: coralville

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can clear the wake at 65' btu it doesn't feel like the pop I get from hs my friends say I'm gettin alright hieght but nothing like hs. I've tried a few ts DU's but haven't got that timing down to be consistant. So what I am hearing is try to concentrate on standing tall and see what I get.
Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure you don't bend over at the waist. this was always my problem, I could clear the wakes fine, but only got like 3-4 feet of air, once I fixed this and my edge, I was getting as much as I do hs.

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: