Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Concave vs. Flat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drifter136
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Thornville (home) and Athens (school)

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Concave vs. Flat Reply with quote

If I'm a beginner (with a slight skate background) would I really benefit that much from a concave deck? What is the difference in feel between a concave and flat deck? What does the concave help with (ollie, flipping, etc.)?
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't see it being worth the extra 100 bucks. i have a scape 112 that i'm just starting out on. it's fine for me, but if you're going to be skating exclusively, you might look into a concave. also demo if u can. i kno it's not possible for everyone but it will really let u decide if it's worth spending the extra cash.
drifter136
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Thornville (home) and Athens (school)

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks...yeah, there is no place within about 100 miles to demo, and even then it might be further. I was just going to do wakeskating for fun to take a break from wakeboarding every once in awhile...and I was thinking it'd be pretty good since we have less than a great wake....so I think I'll start off with flat and if later on I feel I need a concave I'll get one....Thanks for the info!
wakeskate_revolution

City: Midwest (Indiana)

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a flat deck for sure...cheaper and for starting out you will not notice that much of a difference. I went from a flat board then got a concave cassette (it split in two)...but then went back to the new mutiny boards that are flat and it rides like a wet dream. Concave is nice, but it will not make you a better rider. Personaly i think all of the concaves out right now are crap for what you pay. You got hyperlite charging $250 and then cassette charges an extra 50$ because they put different holes in the board.
http://w8keskater.tripod.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeremy Coe
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Auckland

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeskate_revolution, not only extra holes. You get not only an extra fin, but all the fins are glass. Plus the design on the 4trac is different....
foammesh
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Lantana, FL

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like wakesktrev I started with a flat board and bought a concave when it broke. I now am riding a flat board again because the concaves don't hold up. The only thing I can't do is feel where my feet are when I am waiting for the boat to pull around and pick me up. I am more than happy to hold on to the 100-150$ that I could have spent for that security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: