Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help with Back flip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boarding_Chippie

City: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Help with Back flip Reply with quote

I just started trying to do a back flip I can get about 3/4 of the way around but just can't get around the last 1/4, Can anyone give me some help with this Question Exclamation Question
ghettolake415
Addict
Addict

City: College Location: Orlando / Hometown: Sarasota

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what trick r u exactly doing??????? There is no trick that is called a backflip. r u doin HS Backrolls, tantrums, TS backrolls. if u give that then i'm sure we could help u out. Wink

I'm putting Salt in every lake in the world!!!!!!!!!! Except mine....

Representing: UCF Wakeboard Team & Lake Price
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Boarding_Chippie

City: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just called it a back flip it is a HS Back roll can some one help me improve it i get 3/4 of the way around and just can't get the last 1/4 Question
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, the trick to the backroll is to really crank your edge at the top of the wake. When you do that, its kind of like winding up a rubber band airplane, it just spins you aroung with little effort.
1. Start out a little farther than for a normal wake jump. Let the rope pull you back around and slowly start to edge.
2. Bend you arms and pull your elbows into your hips some, not a whole lot, but some. Bend your knees slightly and get into a relaxed position. Build your edge as you approach the wake.
3. As you ride up the wake build your edge much more quickly, your hardest edge should be in the last 6 inches of wake. If you do this part correctly, you don't have to do much else but spot your landing.
4. When you leave the wake, push your hips and chest to the sky in one motion, turn your head and look over your lead shoulder. Your body goes where your head looks, remember that.
5. If you are having trouble completing the rotation, pull the handle in tight to your hips, this will make you rotate faster.
6. When you spot your landing, make adjustments to land. If you are rotating slow, pull your hands in, if you are going to overrotate, let your arms out some.
7. Absorb your landing with your knees. Keep your eyes looking where you are going, not at the water.
Its really important to keep the handle at or close to your hips.
Hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to email me tiffany@glassandpowder.com
Later

J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 20, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good advice-- for me though, I don't go out as wide as a normal wake jump. For me I go out about half as far as I normally do other wise I generate too much speed and forget to push hard at the wake.... Everyone does it slightly different so pick what works for you.

The key is what Tiff said, hold a strong edge at the wake, stay relaxed mentally and wait for the pop before you look over that shoulder..

The trick is almost all mental cuz 3's give most people a harder time....

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: