Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Im new

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylux

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Im new Reply with quote

I'm new to skateboarding and I need trucks, wheels, and bearings that are good for beginners and that I can still use when I get better and that don't cost alot, thanks for the help. Board is 7.75 in wide if that helps
wakeATL
Criminal
Criminal

City: Woodstock

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as wheels and bearings go, you might want to start out with bigger wheels. They will keep you up better if you where to hit something like a pebble or pinecone. And most bearings are measured by abecs, the higher the abec the higher the speed. So start out with something pretty low so you won't go to fast. And most trucks are the same, but I would recommend Krux or Destructo's I've had both and they worked out really nicely for me.
Skylux

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info wakeATL I had no idea about how bearings were measured in abecs. Also what are the nombers for trucks like 5.0axle7.75?
wakeATL
Criminal
Criminal

City: Woodstock

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbering for the trucks is how high they are off the ground. I'm not sure what would be better for some one who is just starting out but my trucks are mids, and I've been skating for 3 years. Just go to your local skateshop and pick out parts to build your board, im sure they'll be really understanding and try to help you out, there the ones getting the money out of the whole deal.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number for trucks has nothing to do with how high they are off the ground. The only thing that dictates that is if they're high, mid, or low. The 5.0 tells you the width of the hangar in inches. The hangar is the part you grind on when you're doing 50-50's. The axle obviously holds the wheels, and it goes through the hangar. Hangar widths correspond to axle widths. 4.75" hangar=7.5" axle, 5.0" hangar=7.75" axle, etc.
Skylux

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got back from the skate store and the guy there said my trucks were fine (cheapo ones you get with a board at target or wal-mart), I still can't decide, but the first time I take my trucks on a rail are they gonna snap in half?
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know, my first truck were $15 (au) each and i broke them pretty quick. you are better off going for like blank trucks that dont have graphics on them, they are normally a fair bit cheaper and similar quality to brand name trucks. ( you probly have no idea what i'm on about because i am a bad explainer)
Skylux

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to a1skateboards.com and looked at trucks I saw what you mean the Blanks are about $10 a truck while ventures are about $18 truck
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylux, yeh man try out the blanks if u wanna save money!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: