Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

where should i go from here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MxFlyer43

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: where should i go from here? Reply with quote

hey guys. i've got a 2003 dd air nautique. i've got the 500# factory ballast and 1700# in sacs. where should i go from here as far as adding weight? we're surfing drivers side with one sac on the side, one across the back seat, and 2-3 people sitting on the side. where should i go from here as far as adding weight? we're surfing at 9.3 and would like to add more weight to get a bigger wave at a faster speed to get more firm water under the board.
any suggestions?
thanks
TIMMAY 180

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with my '04 V230 Supreme. I surf on the drivers side also and no matter how much weight it is still washy back there. Not bad but not as nice as the pass. side.
Everyone else that surfs behind my boat is on the pass. side and it's super clean and a lot taller.

I haven't had enough time to experiment with different weight distribution yet, but I'm sure someone here has better advice for you.
frymantcu
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2000 dd Pro Air, we always surf on the passenger side. But sometimes if there are more than 5 people in the boat I have to dump some balast to clean up the wake. Definately try only fillng on side of the tanks, having someone hang on to the town and lean to shape the wake. These are a few of the things we have tried and seemed to help. Good Luck!
RideLF1946

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmay, its because of the way the prop spins
RideLF1946

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have the same problem get people to the opposite side that ur surfing on and it cleans the wake up a little bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: