Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I need comraderie on my lake....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeflopper
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Davis

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: I need comraderie on my lake.... Reply with quote

Ok, After taking a year off for pregnancy, I can't seem to find any women who are riding on my lake (over 21 please.... I just don't feel like a responsible adult w/-OH under that age). Are there any women on lake wylie (or surrounding areas) wanting to get together and ride. I'm tired of my husband. just kidding, he's great, but with all his friends, I'm like the odd one out. At least then I could get control of the IPOD>
shazie
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to join unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world. Congratulations to your baby. They are so cute arent they ... until they get older, mine is 9 & 6
mess

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what shazie said. I'm up in Canada, so not much chance there. I'm pretty much the only woman boarder on my lake too - except for the odd girlfriend who comes out and gives it a try to impress their boyfriend... lol. They do great, but I'd love to have someone to ride with that is trying to progress. For now, I guess my main boarding buddies are the guys. Just by default.

My babies are 9 and 11. Although they'd kill me if they knew I called them my babies.

How long can you ride where you are? I'm done for the year. The weather forecast sucks, and I won't be able to get back in the lake until May 2007. I wish summer could last forever!!!!

b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up in Canada too, and don't know any other female boarders... I have gotten a couple of my girls to try it out, but none of them are really into it like I am.

mess, where are you?
shazie
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mess, b_girl Where I am, the sea water doesnt freeze, though it gets super frigid around Jan & feb. Else I can still hit it with a dry suit on a sunny day, with lots of towels and hot coffee.

Though there are some female riders where I ride, but everyone seems to do their own thing. My wakeboarding buddy is my girlfriend and our children and our friends' children. Basically its like a mother / children outdoor activity group.
windandwake

City: Poole

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmnn, know the problem - I board on the south coast, UK - I seem to be the only female rider at the moment! Most of my girlie friends will have a go when the weather's great, but when it comes to real boarding - dawn patrol or sunset slot - it's back to boy buddies only! I'd love to have someone to progress with - so if anyone knows of any keen riders in the UK - let me know! Smile
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windandwake, if I was still living in the UK I'd ride with you! Lived in London for 2 years and didn't get out riding once!
windandwake

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would have been great! Can't believe you didn't try out the big cable parks nr London! Mind you...I've been a few times and I'm still pretty rubbish on the cable ski...I keep using the excuse that wakeboarding is about 'wake' which you only get behind a boat!
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I dunno if I'd like it much on the cable... To be honest, when I was living over there the thought of wakeboarding (or snowboarding for that matter) never crossed my mind... I didn't even realize places like that existed until a few months before I was leaving. None of my friends there were into it at all, so I guess I just put it out of my mind for a while. Quite sad really...

I'm heading back to London at the end of October for a few weeks, but it'll be too cold for wakeboarding by then.. Sad
windandwake

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bummer! Well...if you're feeling brave you can always don a winter wetsuit and head down to the coast for a refreshing blast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: