Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

slider help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cunney

City: bancroft

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: slider help! Reply with quote

hey i built a slider that is 2 feet tall with an 8 foot flat section with two sections going in to the water to ride up on. i mounted it on a floating raft and is super solid. the top board is a 2 by 6 and i fit two 3" pvc pipes on top with toggle bolts. my querstion is how can i get the ends of the pvc to line up correctly and stay there, i think i might try using a red tape called tuck tape, since its prettty slick and wont catch me up. any help is appreciated. thanks
Lanky
Criminal
Criminal

City: Hudson

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused you are trying to line up the PVC pipes where they meet at the up and down slope parts? I made a PVC rail and to make sure that we didn't catch an edge at the seem we raised up the first pipe like a quarter if an inch, but if you do that you will only be able to hit the slider from on side. Hope this helps.
cunney

City: bancroft

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i wanna be able to hit it coming both directions. i'm wondering about the seams from the up bar to flat and the flat to down bar.
Lanky
Criminal
Criminal

City: Hudson

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I don't know the tuck tape might get ripped off when you slide over it but I don't really have any other good suggestions. We sanded the seem where the two peices of trex came together on our slider and we got it wicked smooth but I'm not sure if you could do that with the pipe. We only slide it one direction though so It's never been an issue but if your sliding the rail both ways you definiantly want to make sure the seem is good. Catching an edge would suck.
LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why PVC Pipe rails suck. But I promise you'll be bored with an 8 foot rail after a week, so I wouldn't go spending any money on it. A good fun rail needs to be 50' minimum. The one in my lake is 8' up, 28' flat, 8' down, and it's just not quite long enough to be a challenge. Next time around, I'm building a rail about 70' long total, 8' up, 28' flat, 8' up, 10' flat, 16' down.
Wakeboarder700
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sarasota

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LakeIolaLuke, planning on taking your tube off it? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: