Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Competition???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gymtowake

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Competition??? Reply with quote

So I am in need of some advice...I have been wakeboarding non-stop this summer (my first season doing it), and I have fallen in love with the sport. I am an ex-college gymnast so I definitely have a competitive edge. I would love to start competing at an amateur level, and then who knows where that could take me. I just got word that this weekend there is a wakeboarding competition here in town, and there is a girls division. I am totally interested in riding in it, my only hesitation is that I will not be anywhere close to the same level as the girls riding in it (I've heard that some of them are pulling backrolls and tantrums). I can jump W2W heelside as well as toeside, do surface 180s, ollie 180s, and ride switch. I am wanting to know if it would be worth me competing in the comp just for the experience, or if I should just go and check it out and get a feel for what girls are pulling behind the boat and do it next year? Please feel free to tell me what you guys or gals think. Thanks!
criswb
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Guayaquil

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it! do your best and have fun! comps are a great way to meet other riders and challenge yourself. It doesnt matter if you dont win as long as you have fun.
http://www.myspace.com/cristiamador
girly*wakeboarder

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE comps. they are the best. laidback. no one minds what you do on the water and everyone is just stoked your out there and having a good time. Very Happy
cadence_131
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Miami

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it... when is the competition? you might have some time to work on other tricks if its far enough. I dont know what way you ride but Im goodfy and i found it easy to switch from toeside to heel side, edge into the wake and 180 back to goofy across it. work on stuff like that or grabs when going w2w... reguardless if you get them down or not, go to that competition and just have fun! Very Happy
sh0rtyme
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its always best to get a few comps under your belt for the experience. You'd be surprised how fun they really are. You get to meet so many new people and may even find somebody else to ride with. I'd definitely say go for it...my first competition was against all guys and I only beat one of them but I still had a blast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: