Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tantrum brain fart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wake Pimp
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Tantrum brain fart Reply with quote

Hey guys. My first invert was a tantrum. I landed 2 on my first weekend trying them, 6 more the following weekend and then lost them. That was 3 years ago!!!

What I'd like to hear any different approaches that people use on tantrums. Are there any particular aspects that you focus on? Are there approaches that make it harder to initiate too soon?

The reason I ask is I tried for a couple of summers to get a backroll and never got it, then someone gave me a different aspect to "focus" on and I landed it within a few attempts.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm attaching the pics of the 2017 women's wakeboarding co-champions. My pride and joy twin baby girls Alayna and Olivia. (can't brag enough)

smaller.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  25.12 KB
 Viewed:  4668 Time(s)

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant really help ya out on the tantrum, but your daughter are adorable....teach them early, they could defninitly get good at an early age...just dnt force themto wakeboard if they dont want to Wink
Funkster
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Sea-town

PostPosted: May 16, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to take alittle bit of a wider cut for this trick. Then you want to edge in harder than normal at first(becuase you will be flattening out at the wake). Keep a good solid edge with the handle at hip height,about 1/2ft before the wake, square up the wake by pushing your back foot towards the wake(at this point your back should be facing the wake). Wait until you think its time and then wait some more. You will feel the pop,then let go with your rear hand and look straight back,(keep your eyes open) as soon as you can see your feet, start to open up and spot your water,land edgeing away from the wake!! Hope this helps.

That picture is priceless!!!

A-town army reppin' to the fullest....holla.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: