Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

College Football '06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHerb42
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited about the Bucks this year! We lost a ton of talent on D, but I think we reloaded quite well. It is going to be a great game on the 9th, but I am sure we will come out on top!
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has the potential to come down hard on OU. Apparently a lot of other players are employed at that dealership.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, same dealership where Ad got the Lexus from last spring.
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, yeah, it was almost as nice as Chris Simms Escalade that he was pimping as a junior.

Rolling Eyes

I'm just joshing you though. (I know that Simms family could have probably afforded that Escalade).

As an OU student, can't say that I'm really that surprised, Bomar is a f*cktard... and has done some really dumb things over the past couple of years, this is by far the dumbest however.

I wouldn't say that our season is over though... even though PT played like sh*t against TCU, he never really got a chance. He only got to play 2 drives before being swapped back and forth with Bomar (and trust me, Bomar didn't look any better than Thompson those first 3 games). He took like 90% of the snaps in the spring and fall and actually had the starting role secured for a little while before the TCU game.

If he stays at receiver then we have Haezl (sp?), some JUCO transfer that is supposedly pretty good, but I guess you never know until they hit the big time.

-By the way, my roommate currently is driving a car from that dealership for the past month while working out his financing situation. AD wasn't getting anything that anyone else couldn't grab.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, Simms had the Escalade as a freshman. Nothing at all to do with the fact that his pops was a former NFL player and tv announcer. Rolling Eyes

AD and many others did get something the average guy couldn't get. Especially because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell he could ever afford that Lexus unless he leased it for about 15 years. There's more and more coming out about this every 5 minutes. Turns out the NCAA has been investigating this for months and there are likely more players involved.

Your season is over. If I were a paperclip fan, I'd be real happy to go back to the Holiday Bowl. I see 3-5 losses on your schedule.

Thompson will move to QB. I think he's a damn good QB and Stoops did him wrong by making him stay at WR in the first place. However, he would have been the #2 or #3 WR, which means you're WR corps will suffer. As much as I like him (he's an Austin kid), he hasn't taken a snap or thrown a pass in a year.

Losing Quinn from already depleted OL is going to hurt as well. Y'all ar an injury away from moving a TE to T (like your Spring game) or using a walk on. Thompson won't have time to throw and AD won't have any place to run.

But like I said, there's more. Here's some snipets:

Quote:
A Tulsa radio station is reporting that Garrett Hartley and DJ Wolfe are gone and more are on the way. Mobilhoma fans are saying guys like EOD and Rufus could be next.

If Hartley goes, you are truly screwed. He's the ONLY kicker on the entire team.

Quote:
Before soonersports went down they were talking 7 or 8 starters.

Quote:
A buddy of mine w/ strong connections to Okie State (taken w/ a grain of salt, but he has very deep ties throughout the entire state) is even 50% correct with what he's told me then the phrase "tip of the iceberg" is truly appropriate.

Quote:
Hartley, Wolfe, Ah You, and Iglesias were definitely paid/employed by Big Red. Not saying anything ilegal went on, just that they were employed by Big Red.

These are all just message board musings, but most are from the Sooner boards originally. Never mind the effect this is going to have on your recruiting. This could cripple your program back into the 90s wreck it was then.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was a ROUGH week for the Big 12. Huskers just lost their best DB and their #2 QB walked out of camp and left his mom to run her yep for him - good luck living that one down.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=530300

Quote:
“First off, we need to announce that we have lost (senior cornerback) Zack Bowman for the season,” Callahan said. “He sustained an ACL injury yesterday in practice. He’s a great kid, and I spoke with him this morning and he’s really disappointed. Just visiting with him, he wants to come back for another year, and that’s tremendous. It’s a tremendous loss for our team, but other guys are stepping up and doing a good job, and he’ll be there to help them out and support them, and that’s great.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/08/05/sports/doc44d52a4430688602790541.txt

Quote:
Nebraska sophomore quarterback Harrison Beck, apparently upset over lack of practice time, skipped Saturday’s practice, only the Huskers’ third of the season.

Quote:
“It’d be different if (Beck) was sitting behind Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn,” Beck-Bothwell said. “Zac’s OK; I wish him all the best, but he’s just OK. The bottom line is, my son isn’t learning anything. He’s just on his own. If he got more time and attention from the coaches, he would be ahead of (Taylor). That’s just my opinion, but I’m his mother.

“He knows that playbook. It’s just an issue of not getting respect from the older players.”

Nothing like having your mom pop off about the guy in front of you. While you are in hiding.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
senorbueno, Simms had the Escalade as a freshman. Nothing at all to do with the fact that his pops was a former NFL player and tv announcer. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing ......Yes, you can assume that CS didn't need a booster to help him get a vehicle....or whatever else he wanted.
Swass

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bad day for the Corn Chuckers is a good day indeed.
finkle
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, yeah, Bowman's loss will be a big one. I think they are going to replace him w/ a JUCO transfer.

As far as the Harrison Beck issue, he should go back to practice. Callahan is/was scheduled to meet w/ him today so we'll see tonight what happened/is going to happen. What he needs to do is suck it up and continue to be a back up. If he transfers, he'll be kissing his college career goodbye. The only way he'll end up playing is if he goes to a div 2 or NAIA school. If he sticks it out, he'd have 2 years of starting ahead of him. And from what I hear, the O-line still isn't what it needs to be so Taylor is going to be taking some licks so a decent back up is extremely necessary.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank Team (first-place votes) Record Points Final 2005 rank
1. Ohio State (2Cool 10-2 1,487 4
2. Texas (11) 13-0 1,378 1
3. (tie) Notre Dame (9) 9-3 1,348 11
3. (tie) Southern California (1) 12-1 1,348 2
5. Oklahoma (13) 8-4 1,320 22
6. Auburn (1) 9-3 1,206 14
7. West Virginia 11-1 1,202 6
8. Florida 9-3 1,054 16
9. LSU 11-2 1,037 5
10. Florida State 8-5 874 23
11. Miami (Fla.) 9-3 839 18
12. California 8-4 798 25
13. Louisville 9-3 785 20
14. Georgia 10-3 784 10
15. Michigan 7-5 778 NR
16. Virginia Tech 11-2 591 7
17. Iowa 7-5 519 NR
18. Clemson 8-4 493 21
19. Penn State 11-1 406 3
20. Oregon 10-2 373 12
21. TCU 11-1 270 9
22. Nebraska 8-4 261 24
23. Tennessee 5-6 216 NR
24. Alabama 10-2 210 8
25. Texas Tech 9-3 198 19

Others receiving votes

Arizona State (7-5) 182; Boston College (9-3) 87; Utah (7-5) 84; Arkansas (4-7) 64; South Carolina (7-5) 55; Boise State (9-4) 46; Wisconsin (10-3) 37; UCLA (10-2) 29; Georgia Tech (7-5) 28; Fresno State (8-5) 14; Tulsa (9-4) 11; Iowa State (7-5) 9; Minnesota (7-5) 9; Maryland (5-6) 8; Purdue (5-6) 7; Texas A&M (5-6) 6; Memphis (7-5) 5; Texas-El Paso (8-4) 3; Arizona (3-Cool 2; Brigham Young (6-6) 2; Nevada (9-3) 2; Northern Illinois (7-5) 2; Northwestern (7-5) 2; Oregon State (5-6) 2; Rutgers (7-5) 2; Colorado (7-6) 1; Duke (1-10) 1.
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This confirms my suspicion that sports writers are on CRACK!

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 I assume they had to have votes(poll) in by a date, but MANY sent in before the events of last week.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also add that I was plesantly surprised to see the Utes at 28. They should move into the top 25 after beating UCLA on the road in 26 days.

football112.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  58.95 KB
 Viewed:  23611 Time(s)

Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap

Adrian Peterson's father confirmed to be Edmond dealership employee. Wonder how he managed to land that job after having just been released from prison. Rolling Eyes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsStory.asp?ID=060806_Sp_B8_Adria5268
Quote:
NORMAN -- An employee at Jackie Cooper Imports in Edmond confirmed on Saturday that Nelson Peterson, father of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, is an employee at the car dealership.

Jackie Cooper, an Oklahoma City-area businessman for more than five decades, is listed as an official financial donor to the University of Oklahoma athletic department.

In light of recent events surrounding the dismissal of two players for their relationship with a Norman dealer -- including the use of a car last winter by Peterson -- it's likely the NCAA will include Nelson Peterson's employment at Jackie Cooper BMW in what most figure is an inevitable investigation.

Nelson Peterson was recently released from a federal prison in Texarkana, Texas. He was remanded to a halfway house in Dallas and has moved to a halfway house in Oklahoma City. Nelson Peterson's incarceration means he hasn't seen his son play football live since Adrian's seventh-grade season.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad, how about the fact that texags had a thread on the cheating at Norman 8 MONTHS AGO!!! Shocked

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&page=1&forum_id=5

BTW - you guys are picking up some decent talent on the recruiting trail lately. Benn Bass should commit today over OU. However I think you lost a DT in your first practice.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Wakebrad, how about the fact that texags had a thread on the cheating at Norman 8 MONTHS AGO!!!

haha I know. That thread on TexAgs has been getting national attention. They did a couple minute segment on it on the Ticket. Pretty crazy. Almost 60 pages long now and growing Shocked

Recruiting is going well from what I hear. And can only get better after this whole OU thing. We are probably going to benefit the most from this scandal. Hadn't heard about the DT, got a link?

After early low expectations I'm getting pretty excited about this season. If we can beat itt tech in game 5 there is a decent chance we could go into T+1 undefeated. Now that would be fun.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about the DT this morning but can't find a link. Doesn't sound right though, since I thought you don't start practice till today. Maybe I just made it up. I'll work on it.

Tech is going to roll you guys. Sorry, but after 4 creampuffs (only LaTech will get you ready for the passing game), Tech is going to shred _arnell's 4-2-5. Tech's actually going to have some decent competition in the frist couple of games w/ SMU, TCU and UTEP so I think they'll be pretty sharp coming into that game. You are going to despise _arnell after a couple of games. Trust me on this one.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it - personal reasons, not injury. I don't know anything about the LB transferring, but that can't help your depth issues on D.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/080506dnspotamubrief.2501853.html

Quote:
Sophomore defensive tackle William Morrisey, the highest-rated player in Texas A&M's 2004 recruiting class, will miss this season because of personal issues, coach Dennis Franchione announced.

Morrisey saw limited playing time last year before suffering a season-ending injury.

Franchione also announced that redshirt freshman linebacker Trey Ross is transferring.

Did you happen to see the THSCA game last week? Jerrod Johnson looked pretty damn legit, if you ask me. I think most Longhorn fans were fairly impressed as well.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Tech is going to roll you guys. Sorry, but after 4 creampuffs (only LaTech will get you ready for the passing game), Tech is going to shred _arnell's 4-2-5

We'll see. They have been proficient at swapping QBs in the past but that is always a risk and didn't they lose the star RB and receiver? Whether our D can come together is going to determine the season so that will be the tell tale sign. There's no way you can predetermine whether the 4-2-5 will work or not or how quickly the team will pick it up. Our D couldn't be any worse than last year and we played both Texas and OU competitively. You are showing your bias here Wink . The O should look really solid. One article rated us with the #2 O-line in the country this year and with the way the team rallied around McGee and having Lewis healthy+goodson we could make up for some sloppy D. Special teams might kill us though Evil or Very Mad

I didn't watch the game but heard good things about Johnson. I've been really impressed with the recruiting after last years disaster.

eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was frikkin EPIC Laughing Laughing

bomar_king_of_cars.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  42.34 KB
 Viewed:  23572 Time(s)

Sportster4Tec
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Baton Rouge, LA

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSU is always underrated... they are going to do really well this year.
Sofa King
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Littleton COLORADO!

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nebraska beats USC. You and Mike smoking the same crack? Too bad about your Hollar Beck girl being a crying puss, and letting mommy talk for him.

"You might wanna make your move, coz mine's gonna be ugly" -Brock Samson
screwston_boarder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Houston

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pick is anyone but texas apes and monkeys(a&m)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bomar.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  65.93 KB
 Viewed:  23539 Time(s)

screwston_boarder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Houston

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that texags is amazing!
70 pages in 3 days, man those people don't go to sleep!

On page 10 at the very bottom theres a pic of the guy who started it on sports center.. was that a real story? the pic looks legit to me.

Griff
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm certainly enjoying all the misfortunes of all the other teams in the big XII...it's gonna make it easier for my pokes (OSU) to clench the big 12 championship and make a run at the rose bowl....

ok....you can laugh now
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck has left the building Husker fans. Who's your #2 guy now?

Last edited by jt09 on Aug 14, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-couple of things, I was under the impression that at a halfway house you were supposed to obtain employment somewhere (not sure if this is correct, however). I'm not saying that this was the case with Peterson's father though, just trying to get a background on the situation...

-any other news on the situation, I saw that the news article you linked is a couple of days old, but I haven't heard more about it elsewhere?

-also, I was just taking razzing you a bit on Sims, I know who his father is and I am more than confident that his family could afford a vehicle like that.

a couple more images on bomar...

Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
Rank Team (first-place votes) Record Points Final 2005 rank
1. Ohio State (2Cool 10-2 1,487 4
2. Texas (11) 13-0 1,378 1
3. (tie) Notre Dame (9) 9-3 1,348 11
3. (tie) Southern California (1) 12-1 1,348 2
6. Auburn (1) 9-3 1,206 14
7. West Virginia 11-1 1,202 6
8. Florida 9-3 1,054 16
9. LSU 11-2 1,037 5
10. Florida State 8-5 874 23
11. Miami (Fla.) 9-3 839 18
12. California 8-4 798 25
13. Louisville 9-3 785 20
14. Georgia 10-3 784 10
15. Michigan 7-5 778 NR
16. Virginia Tech 11-2 591 7
17. Iowa 7-5 519 NR
18. Clemson 8-4 493 21
19. Penn State 11-1 406 3
20. Oregon 10-2 373 12
21. TCU 11-1 270 9
22. Nebraska 8-4 261 24
23. Tennessee 5-6 216 NR
24. Alabama 10-2 210 8
25. Texas Tech 9-3 198 19

Others receiving votes

Arizona State (7-5) 182; Boston College (9-3) 87; Utah (7-5) 84; Arkansas (4-7) 64; South Carolina (7-5) 55; Boise State (9-4) 46; Wisconsin (10-3) 37; UCLA (10-2) 29; Georgia Tech (7-5) 28; Fresno State (8-5) 14; Tulsa (9-4) 11; Iowa State (7-5) 9; Minnesota (7-5) 9; Maryland (5-6) 8; Purdue (5-6) 7; Texas A&M (5-6) 6; Memphis (7-5) 5; Texas-El Paso (8-4) 3; Arizona (3-Cool 2; Brigham Young (6-6) 2; Nevada (9-3) 2; Northern Illinois (7-5) 2; Northwestern (7-5) 2; Oregon State (5-6) 2; Rutgers (7-5) 2; Colorado (7-6) 1; Duke (1-10) 1.
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BUCKS!
Sofa King
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Littleton COLORADO!

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSU? C'mon I'm a CU Alum/Fanatic, and I'm even a bit realistic about this season. Texas all the way.

Big 12 north btw is Iowa's.

"You might wanna make your move, coz mine's gonna be ugly" -Brock Samson
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, Well, the main issue w/ Peterson's dad getting a job up there is that he's not from anywhere close to there, nor is the jail he was just released from. It certainly APPEARS shady, if nothing else. I would still bet that the NCAA continues poking around and at the very least makes everyone REAL uncomfortable for a while.

Latest on Bomar is a transfer to either North Texas, where he would still be close to Daddy Dearest, or Houston, where the offense is perfectly suited for him and he would tear up CUSA - or at least as much as the UH team would allow him. I'd go to UH if I were him - Art Briles will have him throwing for 400+ yards a game.
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09, yeah everyone I've heard from says he is going to U of H... we'll see where that winds up I guess...
James K.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Auburn WAR EAGLE

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been going to auburn's two a days this week and they look really strong, we have some great recievers (though not a whole lot of depth there after five) our line and running game are freakin scary good!! and we got Muschamp, defensive coordinator from LSU. he was there from 00-04 when they won the national championship. our d-line is big fast and very athletic. our linebackers are kinda small but very fast and very strong. we are one of the hardest conditioning teams in the nation. our schedule is very favorable. i think we have a shot to do some great things!!

* i have noticed a lot of people seem to be forgetting about the SEC, prob. the strongest conference in football for about the last ten years. i would like to see one of those fluff western teams come down to the south and play an sec schedule (not game but season) I bet USC would have a few less championships but that is my two cents.

J
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James K., I don't think anyone discounts the strength of the SEC one bit. Matter of fact, I think it is pretty much universally acknowledged the toughest conference in the country. Which is why no one picks an SEC team to win it all - too damn tough to come out of there unscathed.

WOW - just looked at your schedule. You get EVERYONE at home this year! How the hell did THAT happen?!?! Four tough games, but 3 of them at home. What is your QB situation like right now?

I went to UT's first two practices also (the only 2 open to the public). Don't see much in just shorts and lids, but still fun to go and watch. Oh yeah, thanks for Chizick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 2 of 40

Add To Favorites

Jump to: