Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What's Up With My Wife??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H20orSnowLetsGo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Coeur d'Alene

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing how threads get dug outta the graveyard
Justin 25
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H20orSnowLetsGo, yes it is....
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound brash, but this seriously sounds like it could be cleared up with some.. what do you call it?.. oh yeah communication. For one the terms she was using were fighting words. Demeaning something you are into by calling it juvenile or pick whatever negative adjective you want.. thats just childish.

I'm big on communication in relationships and it sounds like you could get far with just asking her WHY she thinks what she does. Listen to what she says and try to be open. Don't go down the "you wanted me to do this" path because that's just asking for a start of a war. Ask her why, explain why you like it and see if you can meet in the middle. I agree that the majority of the above has probably covered it, but seriously communication.

Also, If she can't describe how shes feeling in meaningful unhateful terms, for instance if she just says "well i think its childish and dumb" explain that those words hurt your feelings (yes its ok for men to have feelings) and that you need to understand why she thinks that because it means a lot to you (both boarding and what she thinks).

I seriously think talking about it could go a long way. Wink

bigwake77, I can't believe you didnt go up in a ball of flames for that statement, but I CAN believe you are single Laughing jk man

heygreg

City: Largo

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: What's Up With My Wife?? Reply with quote

Dude.... GET RID OF THE WIFE!

KYScrilla wrote:
Ok ladies, a little help would be great here.

So my wife introduces me to our friend's boyfriend a few years ago. She wants me to be nice to him and make him feel accepted in our group of friends. We go out on his boat the first time I meet him, and we naturally hit it off. He's a genuinly cool guy, he's also a hard core wakeboarder. I have been a skier all my life (don't hold it against me), but this guy has gotten me hooked. Fast forward to today. I am picking up the sport really fast and am addicted. Now, my wife gives me crap for being into such a "juvenile" sport and says that I am an idiot for being interested in it. WTF? She introduces me to her friend's BF, wants me to be friends with him (he and I are now really close friends) and then gives me crap for finding a new hobby. Can I not win?
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H20orSnowLetsGo wrote:
amazing how threads get dug outta the graveyard

...again.
heygreg

City: Largo

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

Give me a break........would ya?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: